Funeral Doom Bands

Carcassian said:
Would y'all (for the Americans among us) consider Cathedrals Forest of Equilibrium to be funeral doom.
No, but it's probably THE most important album in the development of doom death & funeral doom so it gets a honorable mention

The Greys said:
Paradise Lost-lost paradise(almost as good as the above)
Candlemass-epicus........... i will fuck the tittle up

fyi Shades of God>icon>gothic>draconian times>lost paradise>everything else they've done

"Lost Paradise" is mostly really mediocre death metal

P.S. is there some deep artistic reason why are all leads are off key on Shades of God or are they just being gay

Erik said:
"Lost Paradise" is mostly really mediocre death metal

P.S. is there some deep artistic reason why are all leads are off key on Shades of God or are they just being gay

It's deeply artistic. Rly.

Plus, at that point, Gregor (who from memory played all the leads) was doing his own thing. I like them as they are.

I'm not saying lost paradise is there best album. Lost Paradise is one of the best albums for the style imo.

Lost Paradise musically is doom metal with death metal vocals. Paradise Lost pretty much started doom/death and also gothic doom metal with the release off 'gothic'. You can't write of lost paradise because no one did something like that before.

The leads on shades of good sound find to me. Gregory Mackintosh has great feeling and atmosphere to his playing imo. He's the only one in PL that writes music so I guess it can't be to bad!

... on a side note how is Rapture 'futile' ?. I have heard rapture sound like a mix between older katatonia and opeth.

Paradise Lost pretty much started doom/death
Sure "Frozen Illusion" demo was fucking grim for the time but WINTER and diSEMBOWELMENT among others deserve at least as much credit (plus early ANATHEMA and MY DYING BRIDE EP's and demos were always more doom than PARADISE LOST ever was anyway)

... on a side note how is Rapture 'futile' ?. I have heard rapture sound like a mix between older katatonia and opeth.
It's more like a mix of older KATATONIA and older KATATONIA, I don't hear any OPETH in it

Decent album, but "Songs for the Withering" is better... It's basically "Brave Murder Day" style riffing gone pop, catchy like "Draconian Times" or something

Yeah and you can say what you want about the "Shades of God" leads but the FACT is that that album is off key a LOT

Erik said:
Yeah and you can say what you want about the "Shades of God" leads but the FACT is that that album is off key a LOT

Maybe he was drunk or has never had guitar lessons!

It's time for some real doom...

sentenced_ps.jpg

Seraphim Belial said:
Empire of the Fallen
Worship.gif

Yes.

I just checked M-A for spelling (it's Doomvs apparently...idfk though, whatever)...there's a new Doomvs (I went there!) out this year on Firedoom...