Gaming Thread

John, I actually PREFER staying home on New Year's and gaming hard/watching film marathons/playing Wii with all my friends over tons of food and prosecco. Outside there are too many people, too many drunk fucks, it's too cold, too many loud fireworks, and too much money just thrown away.

Next week the Kingdom's of Amalur demo will be released. Since it's being published by EA...as is ME3, and they loooove doing cross promotional stuff, I'm sure you can guess where this is going (Think Blood Dragon Armor). And before anyone starts bitching, you don't have to pay anything extra, it's basically just a way to garner more interest in both games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-details-mass-effect-3-kingdoms-of-amalur-crossover-promo-6348460

There's no release date on the ME3 demo, but considering Amalur is out on Feb 7th, surely it will be by the end of this month.

Yeah, well, there was more to sdraw's response than met the eye, so it's all good. And like I said, my statement about it was more a general deploration than a specific disapproval aimed at sdraw.

That's what I'm talking about, general disapproval overall. I didn't even read sdraw's comment.

Next week the Kingdom's of Amalur demo will be released. Since it's being published by EA...as is ME3, and they loooove doing cross promotional stuff, I'm sure you can guess where this is going (Think Blood Dragon Armor). And before anyone starts bitching, you don't have to pay anything extra, it's basically just a way to garner more interest in both games.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-details-mass-effect-3-kingdoms-of-amalur-crossover-promo-6348460

There's no release date on the ME3 demo, but considering Amalur is out on Feb 7th, surely it will be by the end of this month.
And once again, PC gamers get left in the cold.

Well, I just read something that's almost gag inducing. Bioware has been finishing up on the new powers and some of the more decent sounding ones they couldn't get to work properly, so they decided to go the boring, mainstream, braindead monkey route. Now everyone has a grenade "power", and not like Zaeed's, but more like an actual grenade. The Adept now has a "biotic grenade". Seriously? That's like giving a Jedi a mind control or force wave grenade, and Adepts could already combo into a Warp explosion. Sentinels get a "lift grenade" whoo hoo. Even though they might be pretty useful, the whole concept is just utterly lazy to me. And they are actual physical grenades, not just a placeholder name to describe throwing a ball of condensed biotic power that has an effect. I hope they at least try to create some rationalization behind these other than grenades make Adepts more "manly"! One thing I'm not sure of yet though is if it eats one of your cooldowns, or is seperate.

The Adept's original power was called "Overpower" which was an activated passive that allowed the rest of your powers to be more powerful for a limited amount of time. That too sounds somewhat boring, but it also added slightly more dimensions to the gameplay and would have given them something that they could have actually used and it would have made sense. Kind of like a berserker mode--they probably couldn't balance it right though and it ended up being an ability that people would make sure was active 100% of the time, so it kind of defeated the purpose of having it as an ability instead of just making it's bonuses baked into the base abilities by default.

The most intersting character from the second game also has a new voice actor, and his voice and inflections are what made him so special. The new voice is similar, but actually kind of weak in comparison, not just different. I guess that's one positive of him not being a squad member in the third.

The buggy Conrad in ME2 was so disappointing: he always defaulted to renegade shepard response regardless of ME1. My immersion, bro.

Also, to my fellow SMT players... Is it just me or is Kanji a shameless expy of Akihiko Sanada? The hair colour, the tough guy attitude, the boxing and fist pumping, the jacket over the shoulder, the forehead injury, the heavy voice, and the serious homosexual implications - because really, who honestly thought Akihiko and Shinjiro were 'just friends'? - and well, just about anything else.

Eh...

I never thought of it but I can see why you'd say so. I think Akihiko is a badass/awesome character, albeit boring. Kanji had some GREAT comic relief but I never did his social link or used him.

I'm replaying Devil Survivor in preparation for the second one coming out soon. The main three characters look so much like the P3 cast. It's such a shame Devil Survivor had to be on a handheld, because it's the premise and setting are really amazing.

I'm reminded of Death Note, except instead of the date, you see the number of days a person has to live above their head.

Also, to my fellow SMT players... Is it just me or is Kanji a shameless expy of Akihiko Sanada? The hair colour, the tough guy attitude, the boxing and fist pumping, the jacket over the shoulder, the forehead injury, the heavy voice, and the serious homosexual implications - because really, who honestly thought Akihiko and Shinjiro were 'just friends'? - and well, just about anything else.

Just keep playing through the game. Your views on characters will change as you progress.

Well, I just read something that's almost gag inducing. Bioware has been finishing up on the new powers and some of the more decent sounding ones they couldn't get to work properly, so they decided to go the boring, mainstream, braindead monkey route. Now everyone has a grenade "power", and not like Zaeed's, but more like an actual grenade. The Adept now has a "biotic grenade". Seriously? That's like giving a Jedi a mind control or force wave grenade, and Adepts could already combo into a Warp explosion. Sentinels get a "lift grenade" whoo hoo. Even though they might be pretty useful, the whole concept is just utterly lazy to me. And they are actual physical grenades, not just a placeholder name to describe throwing a ball of condensed biotic power that has an effect. I hope they at least try to create some rationalization behind these other than grenades make Adepts more "manly"! One thing I'm not sure of yet though is if it eats one of your cooldowns, or is seperate.

The Adept's original power was called "Overpower" which was an activated passive that allowed the rest of your powers to be more powerful for a limited amount of time. That too sounds somewhat boring, but it also added slightly more dimensions to the gameplay and would have given them something that they could have actually used and it would have made sense. Kind of like a berserker mode--they probably couldn't balance it right though and it ended up being an ability that people would make sure was active 100% of the time, so it kind of defeated the purpose of having it as an ability instead of just making it's bonuses baked into the base abilities by default.

god forbid they actually add anything new to the game hahahah

I think Akihiko is a badass/awesome character, albeit boring.
But you can't deny the Ho Yay between Akihiko and Shinjiro is extremely present!

Also, it's an old joke, but it really does sound like:

I Phase Out
I Hold Out
I Bitch Out To the Truth
All My Life Census
All The Homo Men to Now Break Awayyyy
All the Lesbians
Can You Let Me Out
Can You Set Me Free From This Duck In The World Say
Wiener Lost Between A Soul