Gathering - Souvenirs...

Giorgos

Noooooooooooo Jeff!
Jul 17, 2002
Athens - Greece
www.fragiledreamers.com
I took it and Gathering change a lot their sound...
It's is more Trip Hop i think...

Tell me your opinion about this one...

I think that with that Gathering album will have sound like the Light's Out album that we all expect to be release...

yeah! i bought it yesterday and its very dark, the darkest album they have done so far.
It needs a lot of time for me to get into the album, i'm sure of that, but i bet its a good one.

No surprise Antimatter is being asked to join them on the tour they will do. it fits perfectly to 'Souvenirs'

TG are very dissapointing these days...the music is empty imho

check it for yourself ... you heard the disc already? i bet from not...

if you dont know about the new disc shut up for fucks sake.
Its top. The Gathering empty? you're obviously kidding....

i've heared two songs so far, monsters and the one with the bloke from ulver. it's different indeed but it's really good i think. gotta hear the rest though.

and stop this crap about them being bad cos they don't play metal riffs. most metal bands today need to be executed.

Originally posted by sol83
and stop this crap about them being bad cos they don't play metal riffs. most metal bands today need to be executed.

and few greeks as well :mad: :p

Originally posted by sol83
who said i was i talking about the metal riffs???
I don't give a flying fuck about them - and they still suck...!!
imho of course, everybody has his own taste!!

Originally posted by Mariner
It needs a lot of time for me to get into the album...
you said it for yourself - i don't have that time - and they don't deserve it!!:mad:

Originally posted by Ivo
you said it for yourself - i don't have that time - and they don't deserve it!!:mad:

now I'm wondering why you are into Antimatter and Anathema then...
AFDTE & Saviour asked a lot of effort from me to get into them... i bet for most people.
They deserve it. as I said before, The Gathering are without theyre knowledge trendsetters: The beginning of the Black metal scene, originators of the gothic scene, and now they are early with the "triphop"rush... you'll see, in 4 years there will be more bands into this because this genre is pretty unexplored so far...

now I'm wondering why you are into Antimatter and Anathema then...
AFDTE & Saviour asked a lot of effort from me to get into them... i bet for most people.
They deserve it. as I said before, The Gathering are without theyre knowledge trendsetters: The beginning of the Black metal scene, originators of the gothic scene, and now they are early with the "triphop"rush... you'll see, in 4 years there will be more bands into this because this genre is pretty unexplored so far...
I got into Anathema and Antimatter VERY EASILY!! :mad:
Infact when i heard for the first time "Eternity" back in 1996, i knew that this will become my fav band...SO BRILLIANTLY EMOTIONAL AND SINCERE!! I knew all the lyrics since the second listen of the album...
As for Antimatter I can say exactly the same - the first song i heard was "The Last Laugh"!!
Never had any difficulties getting into Duncan's music!!

you're a weirdo...
i bet everyone is agreeing with me... not?
i would agree... as i said before, i am as crazy as a fucking shithouse rat!!:cry:
i just didn't know that it is so obvious!!:cry:

Originally posted by Ivo
this is funny :lol:
you ever heard 'always'. It seems not....
or get the downfall years...

its black/death, though a bit slow....... and very atmospheric like all fuckin blackmetalbands these days

you ever heard 'always'. It seems not....
or get the downfall years...

its black/death, though a bit slow....... and very atmospheric like all fuckin blackmetalbands these days
:D - i know them, man long time ago, but you can not say that they had anything to do with black metal...