Gathering - Souvenirs...

Originally posted by Bambi
"my choco girls!!"

choc girls??? you're definitely a racist :lol:

shame on all you haters :D
if you're acusing me in racism for loving these godly creatures - then i'm fucking racist!!:D

nah, the others suck. come on people, put some hot pics of anneke in, this is 'the gathering-thread'......... :rolleyes:

Ehem.. don't wanna spoil yer fun or anyhting, but wasn't this topic supposed to be about "Souvenirs"???
:rolleyes: :loco:

Well it's me fave topic, so i'm gonna have to spoil it eventually! :Smokedev:

So it's "Souvenirs" then..
Another "surprise" from the Gathering, exactly how we've been used to them the last few years... oxymoron? NOT! hehe.. :cool:

I've only had a few chances to listen to the album, but some tracks hit me straight away.. "You learn about it", "Souvenirs", "Monsters", and of course the ultimate "A life all mine" with Trickster G!
A total change of their music style, sth that imo began with HTMAP...
Now i only wonder about their next step...
There's one thing for sure though, whatever that may be, it will definitely NOT be disappointing! :D

I can't wait for another celebration, 3 gigs in a row, who could ever imagine that :hotjump: :headbang:

Chears all!

yep. absolutely true Dora!
I enjoy together with you, and we leave that ivofaggot alone, its only you and me :eek: (No George! :yell: :mad: )

Hug me till you drug me, honey
Kiss me till I'm in a coma.
Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny,
Love is as good as soma.
:eek: :loco:

Souvenirs is imho a great effort in putting down a truely progressive atmosheric album. Having explored contemporary methods of composing on How To Measure A Planet?, the band later stepped aside the experimental character of using new technology showing their capabilities to write impressive songs on If-Then_Else.

On Souvenirs they seem to have finally embraced both the technological possibilities and the songwriting in a extended yet very subtile ambient trip where the seperate pieces seem to fit together just fine. Driven by Anneke's ever crystal clear voice the organicly arranged immense layered soundscapes float towards the end of the album.

The icing on the cake is in the very end. Being a huge Ulver fan the duet 'A Life All Mine', starring both Anneke and Garm is like a dream coming true. Although this track clearly shows Garm's superior experience in the matter over the Gathering's -the Lyckantropen/Perdition City vibe is omnipresent- it feels like a very pleasant climaxial conjunction of both essences. Only true bad thing about this track is that it lasts far too short, you want it to drift on and on...

'the crown of my work - a life all mine'

Mariner said:
nah, the others suck. come on people, put some hot pics of anneke in, this is 'the gathering-thread'......... :rolleyes:

As you wish :

anneke.jpg

Mariner said:
yep. absolutely true Dora!
I enjoy together with you, and we leave that ivofaggot alone, its only you and me :eek: (No George! :yell: :mad: )

Hug me till you drug me, honey
Kiss me till I'm in a coma.
Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny,
Love is as good as soma.
:eek: :loco:

Yeah Piet, i'll go for that!! :saint:
Why don't you come here and join us at the gigs???
anim-jjd.gif
:)

Hehehe as for the Tiamat song, actually i heard it live a few days ago at the Tiamat - Lacuna Coil gig here in Athens, and it sounded much better than in the album! :headbang:
supergrin.gif

WE WANT MORE!
WE WANT MORE!

These pics of Anneke rule!!
Gimme mooooore!!!! :Smokin:
jump3.gif
:D

Hey Morpheus do you have a site or sth where you have uploaded these pics??
Could we get an url or sth??
Thanks in advance, chears! :)

Dwra said:
Yeah Piet, i'll go for that!! :saint:
Why don't you come here and join us at the gigs???
anim-jjd.gif
:)

Hehehe as for the Tiamat song, actually i heard it live a few days ago at the Tiamat - Lacuna Coil gig here in Athens, and it sounded much better than in the album! :headbang:
supergrin.gif

:( sorry, but i cant come. unless i tend my resignation (thats what i found in the dictionarly :s ), and well thats not a very good idea :mad: ah i really want to (knowing now that antimatter will play there too end of may) i may be in need of another job, where i'm possible to take more days off :cry: