GClip on Mac? YES!

Just an update:

I've given up for the time being. I was wasting too much time messing around with stuff like this and not enough time making music. If I ever go back and try again, I'll post the results.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but after talking with Graham from GVST, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel as regards getting GVST plugins for OSX. If there is enough demand then AU versions may be available too!

Interested to know who would be up for helping make this happen, all it takes is a small donation from as many people as possible to enable Graham to start working on it.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but Im willing to pay someone to do a skype-session with me to get this to work. Is anyone up for it?

I have Lion 10.7.5

I still haven't gotten Gclip working. Was messing with winebottler, but I can't find anything on how to wrap a .dll without a corresponding .exe. I wish I knew more about writing VSTs.

Has anyone tried this?

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2014/05/29/audio-assault-klipfreak/

Clipping is a pretty simple thing so it seems like it would be hard to get wrong.

No visual, but that might be a better idea anyway.

It doesn't seem to be on the publisher's site anymore, but I see it available for download here:

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=KlipFreak&id=2017

There is a beta version of GClip OSX on GVST.
I didn't test it much,it crashed Cubase 8 on some sessions

Just as an aside, I gave up on using this on PT/ OSX and just got the T-racks clipper. It's amazing and not that much money. If you osx guys really need a working option....

Note for everyone: If the plugin becomes unresponsive, try mousing over the little red 'x' in the plugin window and it should become responsive again. Works for me consistently. Also maybe post here that you're having the same issue and/or email the graham at GVST. He can't fix the bugs if he doesn't know what they are!

Yeah, I know it's "listen with your ears" and whatever but sometimes it's unbelievably useful to have a graphic display of what exactly you're doing to the waveform. It's especially useful with clipping because you can screw up so easily by neutering the transient. Just a very intuitive and useful version of a clipper plugin.