Generally.....

affinityband

Mar 12, 2005
Brackley, England
www.myspace.com
There must be something too talk about other than favourite songs/riffs/lopez/albums and stuff on here. So i thought id make a thread so everyone on here should speak up with some ideas. Relating too the 'peth obviously. Any ideas lads/some lasses.

hahaha, sorry but first reading that I thought "favourite Lopez" :tickled:

But yeah, there does seem to be a limited and competetive vibe, always whats better this or this and so on, but to be honest I can't think of anything better, thats why I always reply instead of starting my own topics!

But this one is a good idea...

Well we need good ideas for threads or something. people need to know. There has to be some creativity. I mean if the topics that are being posted now and will be until the next album comes out. Why should there be a forum.

I'd like a recommendation thread.

Where everybody can recommend bands/songs.

I don't know if there's already a topic like that, or that it's forbidden or something *this being strictly a only Opeth forum or something.*

But I've seen these kinds of recommendation topics on other forums, and they usually work very well.

Yea, i think it would be worth while. As it is inevitable for new comers too say things that have already been said a thousand times. But that doesnt mean they arent welcome Because of course they are. It just means some of the people that have been here for ages can find something different(not completely off topic) from the friends that we made here because of the mutual feelings towards the band.

How about a thread asking what everyone's favorite Opeth song is. I haven't seen that topic before although I haven't used the search function.

Lol is that a joke Jon Snow?

Anyways: well tbh, we're running out of ideas Chris. It's tough, but yeah, we should make a recommendation thread.

Jon Snow said:
How about a thread asking what everyone's favorite Opeth song is. I haven't seen that topic before although I haven't used the search function.

Are you serious?

actually there is only one actual thread on this... it is from 2003. So I guess if you really want to you can post a new one since GR has come out since then. It's not a terribly original idea though. ;)

Jon Snow said:
holy shit i thought you were dead :lol:

:wave:

there is/was a recommendation thread. the problem with it is people post their fav album and everyone does exactly (and just) that, so it becomes just another mindless list where no one reads any of the replies.

rather instead, make a thread for recommendations that must include a review and (if possible) a cover picture, and link, so that people can actually see WHY this band is so good, and where they can find out more.

edit: by review i mean a full, real-deal review. not a 4 word sentence.