Generally.....

porcupine_wolfff said:
Quoting oneself - great idea and noone will note the double post. :D

:(

roskilde7.jpg

:D:D:D

mr vamp, hehehe, but yeah... I think we discovered the outcome of that one already, and all we have left is a couple drink related sigs... I miss that thread :(

But to sum it up, a lot of us said water and tea were good to listen to Opeth to as well as coke, mountain dew and others, not to mention drinking dr pepper with some kind of ice cream that I forgot now that the thread is gone... but anyway, the moral is, don't start up threads like that on the Opeth forum :(

Just include your favourite beverage in your sig instead!

The sig thing is catching... but none as personal as mine! :loco:
(bottle was actually empty... and I had to get it out of the bin... :tickled: )

Damn straight... I noticed several people on here with (hopefully) their favorite drink, so I decided to put mine on! My favorite is actually diet moxie, but I don't feel like looking for a picture.

- the Somewhat Fat Catching-On Guitarist

See? That was the point of that thread!! Its was what drink goes well with Opeth, because its nice to know things about the people you talk to/argue with over what riff is better or write a billion lists of prog bands every other day... sorry, rant mode... so why not find out what everyones favourite drink whilst listening to Opeth is? It seemed valid, so we "rebelled" by putting the pictures up... well, I did, even though that sounds sad... but only in a jokey way. I just think its sad that we can't find out more about eachother unless its strictly Opeth related. Of course we can PM and stuff, but really that doesn't help everyone know everyone. But meh, its in the past now.

I got a myspace, you know. Okay, it's gay but who cares it works!!! I also use 2 different messengers. Mostly AIM though, even though I hate it. All my damn friends are on it!

People use AIM a lot. I dont see any problem with people using it.

- the Somewhat Fat Annoyed-By-AIM Guitarist

Yeah, but still... it was a whole group thing going on you know?
If someone adds you to myspace for instance and chats about Opeth and drinks its only a 2 way thing, whereas that thread was a mammoth in about an hour or something... with lots of peoples serious opinions on the subject!

We added you by the way!

I don't know... we could plan something? The only other thing I can think of is instant messaging. You know, you could have those "conferance" things as they are called on yahoo or invite multiple people to some stupid chatroom on AIM, I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible.

Added you back!

- the Somewhat Fat Suggestion Giving Guitarist

This is true...

Oh yeah, and I think Moonlapse suggested that there are other places on UM that we could talk about drinks and Opeth which is easier, because everyone obviously have profiles on here already... its just... this is home... :(