genre fanatic or not?

Black Chaosstorm

Like Gods of the Sun
Sep 7, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
got nothing to do at the moment so....

are you locked to one kind of metal or can you accept it all?

I my self can't stand black m., power m., nor heavy. :puke:
i can't say that anything besides gothic doom and death is good actually... but thats me.

I like quite a bit of different types of metal. The only genre I don't much care for is grind, aside from Discordance Axis and Cephalic Carnage.

I am able to listen to every genre, though i never got into grindcore and can't find anything about it.

Still i have preferences: I mostly listen to black, viking/pagan and power metal. I don't have much experience concerning thrash, death and doom, but i still like some of those bands and i am able to enjoy new ones if i hear of bands from that subgenres that fit my taste.

I am pretty narrow minded when it comes to music, for those of you who could not tell. Mostly all I listen to is Black Metal, with the occasional goregrind frenzy thrown in for good measure. Straight up death metal absolutely MUST be old school to get any play in my CD player (i.e., Death (Spiritual Healing and earlier, that is), Obituary, Grave, etc...)

Sort of. Death metal is my favorite genre, and I like most death metal. I also like thrash, black metal, doom metal, and gothic metal. The only genre I do not like is power metal, and I must admit that I really dislike that genre. The only power metal band I really like is Children Of Bodom, and they are not even really a pure power metal band.

The only kind of metal I will ever listen to is melodic-super-brutal-thrash-grind-tits-shred-ambient-techno-metal. Everything else blows. :)

I'll listen to all types, different times of the season usually dictates which I'm preferential to at the time. Not a big fan of power metal though.

Black Chaosstorm said:
got nothing to do at the moment so....

are you locked to one kind of metal or can you accept it all?

I my self can't stand black m., power m., nor heavy. :puke:
i can't say that anything besides gothic doom and death is good actually... but thats me.
I prefer genres that allow for melody and/or atmosphere. I'll listen to black and death metal, grindcore and what have you, but it has to be a bit interesting. No monotone, "brutal" scene-metal. I'll not pollute my CD racks in the name of completism.

I'm into all music as long as it is good. I wouldn't reckon myself a real metal fan if I didn't listen to something just because it's a part of a genre I more or less don't like, but off course those genres that I really do not like I don't care to listen much to. Like Nu-Meta. I don't think I'll ever like anything from this genre all though I did like Slipknot once (but I eerr outgrew them or what to call it)

those genres I prefer and lend my ear to most of the time is Black Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Doom Metal and Prog. Rock and off course their subgenres. Most death metal I find boring these days. And I'm really glad black metal came in the late 80's

The only metal genres i dont like are power metal and all that goregrind stuff, ive never really found the whole gore obsession thing interesting at all

My favourite sub-genres at the moment are melodic death metal, death metal, melodic doom and black metal probably