Genres and Subgenres in music

Maybe my mind is just warped from reading the Hatebreeder thread on the recommendations forum.

Post-metal/rock are stupid titles.
They don't even make sense. Rock and metal aren't dead yet.

I'm with Cookiecutter and Panzerfaust666 on this one. Genre names can be useful. Also, I've never heard of a band forcing themselves into a genre.
Sometimes genre names go overboard, though. For example, at one point Limb music was promoting Luca Turilli's solo stuff as "Symphonic Epic Cosmic Hollywood Metal." No kidding.

Still, I'll defend my own personal genre to the death. True Boston Colonial Metal forever!

It means that I am honestly very tired of people writing off entire genres of music (not to imply necessarily a defense of the ACTUAL SOUND here just fyi) due to their names. What a trivial thing to call me out on. Did I beat up your dog or something?

That's really the point I was trying to make earlier, and the issues people have with the "-core" suffix are a good example of the downfalls of genres and labeling.

Actually anything-core tends to be gay.

Edit: Actually no genre is really distinct.

Genres that encompass only one or two bands piss me off for the most part, but I accept larger genres with dozens of bands with no complaint. I, myself, listen to three sub-genres almost constantly; melodeath, techdeath, and symphonic black. But there are hundreds of bands that fall into each of those catagories. Its just genres like, for instance, nerdcore metal, or pokemetal (no jokes)
However, some bands do deserve to be classified in a different genre, for instance Kalmah as Swamp Metal.

I just found a Post Rock band named after Mogwai in Gremlins. Only joking. OK so whats in a name etc.

Actually google nerdcore and see the middle image result that comes up at the top if you dont search specifically for images.

Highly confusing :p.

In fact, she has a highly immense site it would appear.

I don't care about associations, I care about the way the music sounds. And the music sounds homosexual. IMO.

I'm not a big fan of anything ending in -core, myself. I like All That Remains, and Between the Buried and Me, somewhat (a couple of metalcore bands), but other than that, no thanks.

The problem with that (and this happens with tons of people and tons of different genres) is that I'm pretty sure All That Remains aren't the only metalcore band that sounds how they sound...i mean, yeah BTBAM are fairly unique, but ATR aren't.

Hardcore originated from punk music, and metal originated from rock..choose your own path:headbang:
basically the hardcore genre is going thru the same thing that happened when nu-metal invaded the metal genre

Or you could stop lying to yourself (and providing false information to others, though I'm not sure anyone with even a quarter of a brain would listen to anything you say) and accept the fact that the two can actually coexist in peace and there is no real threat.

Or you could keep pretending there's some kind of strife between the two which extends into the world of physical violence.

Or you could stop lying to yourself (and providing false information to others, though I'm not sure anyone with even a quarter of a brain would listen to anything you say) and accept the fact that the two can actually coexist in peace and there is no real threat.

Or you could keep pretending there's some kind of strife between the two which extends into the world of physical violence.

We are co-existing..and that's why metalcore,screamcore,deathcore is so popular