Gigantour 2008; Megadeth, Children of Bodom, etc. confirmed

he was just outside of their bus waiting for them to come out. they saw him and just closed the curtains.
they're his favorite band, im sure he wasn't gonna be an asshole to them.

ah ok. I have no idea why they'd do that, bad day perhaps.

Or they're meanies.

ah ok. I have no idea why they'd do that, bad day perhaps.

Or they're meanies.

that and we were giving them shit during the show hahahaha.
im glad i don't like them though. but we thought they were just being assholes to us but other people i've talked to that went said that they asked them for an autograph when they were just roaming around and they said no.
they should appreciate that they have fans going out to see them on the tour that they're on. not just say no. but whatev, im glad i wasn't butt hurt by it like everyone else.

I know it's like a big deal when you meet your heroes...but sometimes I question why? I mean it's not like we know them personally..and there probably wouldn't be much to talk about, except maybe the same old questions all the fans ask them, like shit that they're tired of hearing. It would be completely different if a friendship could grow or something, but it's not like you'll see them often....but I don't know, I'm just ranting I guess...

I know it's like a big deal when you meet your heroes...but sometimes I question why? I mean it's not like we know them personally..and there probably wouldn't be much to talk about, except maybe the same old questions all the fans ask them, like shit that they're tired of hearing. It would be completely different if a friendship could grow or something, but it's not like you'll see them often....but I don't know, I'm just ranting I guess...

It all depends on how many times the band comes around, and if at least one(or more) band members gets to really know you. It takes time, of course, but it could happen.

I'm good friends with some of the guys in Iron Maiden, and I know some of their son's as well. They're cool guys. I guess its cool meeting people like that and if they don't care answering your questions, you can ask them stuff you've always wanted to know I guess. I could have a good conversation with all the members of bodom if I met any of them. :lol: And if at possible they'd probably appreciate it if you bought them a drink if you're at or by a bar haha.

:lol: Actually I PMed Janne when they were in Hollywood a while ago, and I offered to buy him drinks, but he was back in Finland by the time he got the PM, so he said we'll get drinks next time.

Try mentioning something they haven't heard before, as opposed to the whole,"Oh awesome show, I love the new material, blah blah-insert-equipment-question-here" stuff that everyone asks, that'll usually make things better.

Just returned from the Palladium. The Gigantour was pretty good. I actually had the opportunity to meet Alexi as I was very late in arriving as he came from his bus.

Both In Flames and Bodom were brilliant. I didn't think Megadeth played very well. Of coarse, the acoustics at the palladium DO suck, so I can't really judge :lol:. And the sausages outside the venue-----were brilliant.

Just returned from the Palladium. The Gigantour was pretty good. I actually had the opportunity to meet Alexi as I was very late in arriving as he came from his bus.

Both In Flames and Bodom were brilliant. I didn't think Megadeth played very well. Of coarse, the acoustics at the palladium DO suck, so I can't really judge :lol:. And the sausages outside the venue-----were brilliant.

I was just there too...
It was really an amazing show, although the mix sucked throughout the show, and it was barely possible to hear the leads for any of the bands, causing anyone who didn't know all the songs to complain that they all sounded the same. I thought Megadeth was pretty brilliant, and their set list was a dream come true.
Bodom played Angels Don't Kill, which I fucking love. Sadly, there was no Every Time I Die....
still, great show by them and everyone else. Alexi's stage presence in intense.

I was just there too...
It was really an amazing show, although the mix sucked throughout the show, and it was barely possible to hear the leads for any of the bands, causing anyone who didn't know all the songs to complain that they all sounded the same. I thought Megadeth was pretty brilliant, and their set list was a dream come true.
Bodom played Angels Don't Kill, which I fucking love. Sadly, there was no Every Time I Die....
still, great show by them and everyone else. Alexi's stage presence in intense.

Hm. Well, I hadn't really listened much to Megadeth prior to the show. And with acoustics of that of the Palladium, I could barley make out what was happening. :lol:

Nevertheless, I shall return to the Palladium on Sunday for day three :Smug:

That wasn't aimed at COB, I know that's not what they do, I'm using it in a term for other bands.

Cool, I hope not. I don't want people thinking things like that of the guys or all of us in general. Just the way it was written made it sound that way.