Glam Metal

[youtube]FL8kXethh-E&mode[/youtube]
This is the greatest Europe song!

The guitar solos aren't really featured but they kick ass. However the video is still a blast from the past with tour shenanigans ontop of the live performance (they seem to play the song slower live which does kinda suck, I prefer the shredding album version) and reasonable quality.

It's funny you mention "The Final Countdown" song. It is the song I despise more than any other.Everytime I hear it I want to kill someone.They were playing that shit in Safeway the other day while I was buying food over their store speakers. (Fucking Morons)

Most glam I despise but there are some inbetween that are o.k.

a few songs by Motley Crue,RATT,and W.A.S.P.,are good but I hate most of it.

the thing about glam though is that they have the hottest looking bitches until your drunk one night and find out that hot chick your with is a guy..

I love glam metal, but I seperate it from other metal; I heard all of it from my sister, and her preferred genre outside of glam is country/pop, so I could never quite associate the two.

Skid Row, Poison, Ratt, Cinderlla, etc. etc. It's also great dancing music.

They are the inspiration to the genre, that's why. And why the hell do you think Guns and Roses and early Ozzy are Glam? WTF?

Um, you're tripping out. I was quoting someone else. I was just responding to the bands he listed.

edit - Also, I don't think glam rock bands influenced glam metal bands much at all, except image-wise. Most of glam metal's musical pedigree comes from mainstream AOR party rock like Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith.

I enjoy a lot of glam. I don't like calling it metal, although a few bands seem so. I really have no friends that like it, so I'm forever in my own little world about it. =(

Haha, I even have a glam outfit I've worn to one show so far. I've got leather pants, fingerless gloves, a bandana, etc... good fucking times.

Someone bring the 80s back! i sure would love that as my mainstream over today.