GMD Book Club

I was thinking the discussion could be ongoing through the book, as people are reading it. It might encourage people to keep up. But then it may also discourage people if they want to talk about a part that some people already discussed, but they have not read it. What do people think?

The ongoing discussion can actually work as long as spoiler warnings are mentioned before, and maybe even go as far as creating black background on the text so someone won't see it while scrolling.

And now that I'm trying to show an example of the black background trick, I can't seem to figure it out :oops:. Has anyone else seen this done before? Do you know how do it?

I was thinking less about fiction, and more about philosophy or science or something. But anything within reason, really.

If it's stuff like that I might be interested. I think I'd just want to decide on a book-by-book basis though, I don't think I'd be dedicated enough sit through a book that doesn't really interest me. And I don't generally read fiction so I'm definitely not very interested in reading novels or anything like that.

I think fiction would be best. I'd rather deal with something lighter, tbh. I just went through four years of reading academic literature, so I probably would not want to read science or philosophy.

Julius Caesar!

That one will always be one of my favorites, not only because it's awesome, but because it was sort of my "breakthrough" Shakespeare play. It was the first one that I could read effortlessly, as if it were in modern english. Before that, I always had to work at it a little bit.