11. Machine Messiah
12. TMBHAHMBTH
13. Nation
14. Kairos
15. A-Lex
16. Roots

Last edited:
Reactions: zerostatic
Fuck Roots. I listened to it today and while it was not as bad as I remember I still despise that album. 20 years ago or so when I was a regular on the Sepultura forum people new to the band would ask where to start with Sepultura. I always recommended Schizophrenia or Arise and they would come back and say they bought that turd of an album that is Roots.

Reactions: CiG
1. Morbid Visions - by far their best, savage and good riffs, 8/10
2. Bestial Devastation - still very good, 7/10
3. Chaos AD - has shrunk on me but for the time and style it's solid groove metal, 6/10
4. Beneath the Remains - horrible Scott Burns production and the first three songs are beyond overrated, but there is some creative stuff mixed in there, 5/10
5. Roots - the anthems are classic and the rest is fine, 5/10
6. Schizophrenia - dry and boring album for the most part, 4/10
7. Arise - it's been over a decade since I've last heard it, I could probably tolerate it now but not sure I'll risk wasting another ~hour of my life giving it another chance, 1/10

Feel free to exclude this list, they aren't worth an eighth album.

Arise gets pretty stale after like 5 songs, but your assessment is so harsh. The first three tracks are such big classics. I love Dead Embryonic Cells.

5. Roots - the anthems are classic and the rest is fine, 5/10
6. Schizophrenia - dry and boring album for the most part, 4/10
7. Arise - it's been over a decade since I've last heard it, I could probably tolerate it now but not sure I'll risk wasting another ~hour of my life giving it another chance, 1/10
Feel free to exclude this list

Agreed. In fact put a bullet in the back of its head and dump it in an alley somewhere.

1. Schizophrenia
  2. Morbid Visions
  3. Beneath the Remains
  4. Arise
  5. Bestial Devotion
  6. Dante XXI
  7. Chaos AD
  8. Roots
  9. Quadra
  10. A-Lex
  11. Kairos
  12. Machine Messiah
  13. Roorback
  14. Against
  15. Nation
I actually liked a few songs on Dante XXI that were a bit more sludgy. Overall, this band is terrible outside of the early stuff. Should have broken up a long time ago.

1. Arise <--- Yup!
2. Beneath the Remains
3. Schizophrenia
4. Morbid Visions
5. Bestial Devastation (EP)
--------------------------------------------------------------
6. Chaos A.D.
7. Quadra
8. Roorback

Sorry Crimson, life has been very rough lately.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
16) Roorback (2003)

81ReY7nZmrL._SS500_.jpg

Average points per vote: 3.1/16

Aviod it like a steaming dog turd...unless you like steaming dog turds...

roorback has more of a metal influence than the NAtion- they just havent figured out what they are going to do- play metal now- or go back to playing hardcore mixed with other influences( ala Nation). I personally would like to see them try to hone the Nation sound- its interesting and differant. They have already mastered thrash, why bother cheapening their metal legacy like Metallica?

New Sepultura is basically nu-metal mixed with hardcore. it blows.