GMD Poll: Destruction's Discography Ranked

3) Cracked Brain (1990)

1990.jpg

Average points per vote: 11.6/16

First place votes: 1 (@Slammed)

Listening to Destruction - "Cracked Brain" right now. The first album without Schmier. I can still say this is some very enjoyable thrash and the vocals are not bad at all.

Glad to see a few Cracked Brain inclusions in people's lists. Really underrated album.

2) Sentence of Death

R-1346990-1404491792-9488.jpeg.jpg

Average pojnts per vote: 11.8/16

First place votes: 1 (@alex76)

And early Destruction!!! Sentence of Death + Infernal Overkill has been owning me these past three days, hadn't listened to it in ages and its such an awesome slice of headbanging thrash

Anyway, the clinical technical approach of [Release from Agony] is exactly why I don’t like it as much as what preceded it. In fact I couldn’t even get through the whole thing earlier today and put on Sentence of Death instead. I know you’re a big fan of Cracked Brain/Release from Agony but I’ve never got into them in the same way as Destruction’s earlier material.

1) Eternal Devestation (1986)

R-1317831-1455739078-4220.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 13.6/16

First place votes: 5 (@HamburgerBoy @zerostatic @RadicalThrasher @Krow @crimsonfloyd

Eternal Devastation.
I really dont like thrash as a whole, but that album is damn good.

NOTHING will top Curse The Gods from Eternal Devastation. Ever.

the tone on eternal devastation is so fucking killer

I could never get into Destruction. I've got Eternal Devastation and I've listened to it a few times but it's never really 'clicked' for me.

yeah i don’t agree with my infernal overkill comment anymore tbh, happy with that top 2. devil’s soldiers is p much my favourite thrash tune at this point

Oh okay fair enough. And I forgot to actually rank my list. Have I been doing unranked lists this whole fucking time? Jesus what have I done...