GMD Poll: Razor's Discography Ranked

Next band is Dream Theatre from memory.
Something like 200 hours of music in their discography, gonna take time to go through all them for those who haven't started

I made a list for this one. Let me get it posted. Can’t be arsed to do the next round, no fucking way.

1. Shotgun Justice
2. Evil Invaders
3. Executioner's Song
4. Malicious Intent
5. Open Hostility
6. Violent Restitution
7. Armed and Dangerous
8. Custom Killing
9. Decibels

1 through 6 I can haul ass down the road any day listening to those. Just badass thrash and fuck they put out so many albums so quick. SJ is probably my favorite because of nostalgia.

Reactions: CiG
1. Shotgun Justice
2. Evil Invaders
3. Executioner's Song
4. Malicious Intent
5. Open Hostility
6. Violent Restitution
7. Armed and Dangerous
8. Custom Killing
9. Decibels

1 through 6 I can haul ass down the road any day listening to those. Just badass thrash and fuck they put out so many albums so quick. SJ is probably my favorite because of nostalgia.
you wanna throw your picks in for the Violent Restitution song survivor thread?

I started this morning, so the the results should all be posted this weekend.

iu

9) Decibels (1997)

1400.jpg

Average points per vote: 1.4/9

Everything except Decibels is good.

Decibels - this isn't really that different from Open Hostility, but the ugly hi-hat has been replaced with ugly vocal distortion effects, there aren't really any super-memorable songs even though it never descends into outright crap and the songs themselves are probably slightly more elaborate than those albums, 4/10

Last edited:
6) Open Hostility (1991)

1398.jpg

Average points per vote: 4/9

Violent Restitution is good but Shotgun Justice and Open Hostility are where they really hit their prime and got really aggressive, I'm in the minority that likes their other vocalists vocal style better and I don't suck the dick of old speed nwobhm worshipping thrash.

Last edited:
4) Executioner's Song (1985)

R-1383648-1464558209-7906.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 4.5/9

First place votes: 1 (@crimsonfloyd)

Anyone else know Razor? I just got Executioner's Song, and it's thrasherific... although the vocals arent all that great.

This is old Canadian thrash from the mid 80's. I've listened to it like 1.5 times. The very first impression it gives is that it is very dated sounding, even when compared to Kill Em All, which came out two years earlier. The production and vocals both sound very "early metal". Vocals are a little like Lemmy in that they really aren't clean or harsh or anything in particular, though he does have some cool screams. There are times when they sound very influenced by NWOBHM and some of the tunes have a real rock and roll-turning-metal feel. But there are also some really cool tunes on here that are definitely right there in the thrash/speed metal area.

EDIT: The first five songs are all pretty rad. EDIT EDIT: Yeah, overall the whole thing is pretty cool. It's a keeper.

Last edited:
3) Shotgun Justice (1990)]

razor-shotgun-justice-(ltd.bluered-splatter-vinyl)(st.jpg

Average points per vote: 7.2/9

First place votes: 1 (@Slammed @Krow)

RAZOR!!!!!!! Shotgun Justice and Violent Restitution are two of the best thrash albums EVER!! Pure violent, non-stop, relentless, neck-snapping thrash-fuckin'-metal :)

Dave Carlo is the God of the riff.

Lee B

I have shotgun justice by razor and i think its pretty good, not really my favorite but its still good.

Last edited:
Last edited:
how did Executioners Song top Malicious Intent when nearly everyone rated the latter higher? You might need to figure out another point system for these games because shit like this has happened a few times already. one persons #1 vote should not be able to catapult an album that the majority thinks is one of the weaker ones towards the top or middle of the list.