3. Release from Agony
  4. Cracked Brain
  5. Sentence of Death
  6. The Antichrist
  7. Mad Butcher
  8. All Hell Breaks Loose
  9. Metal Discharge
  10. Least Successful Human Cannonball

16) The Least Successful Human Cannonball (1998)

R-3565438-1447536813-7625.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 3.1/16

really?? Are you forgetting that Destruction was the band that released The Least Successful Human Cannonball ... and what about most of their garbage from the last ten years?

The+Least+Successful+Human+Cannonball+Destruction_The_Least_Successf.jpg
Seriously, this album has some stupid moments but if you pretend that this was the alt metal debut of some obscure American band it actually becomes really enjoyable. The groove here is very up-tempo and swinging in a way more common to Cowboys from Hell than anything, and it gets pretty technical too. Better than 2000's Destruction.

13) Inventor of Evil (2005)

R-3572246-1463568483-4524.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 4.483/16

Inventor of Evil - maybe a little more consistent than the three preceding albums but almost nothing sticks out, 4/10

I just downloaded Inventor of Evil, the upcoming CD by Destruction. I've only spun it once so far, but it is easily better than Metal Discharge, and IMO is as good as The Antichrist or Eternal Devastation. \m/

11) All Hell Breaks Loose (2000)

hqdefault.jpg

Average points per vote: 6.2/16

All Hell Breaks Loose - this actually has a fair bit of technique to it, a bunch of different riffing styles and even a little dissonant experimentation like Human Cannonball, but the arrangements are nothing special, there are only a few highlight moments, and the production is overpowering; can barely even recognize the Total Desaster rerecording, 5/10

Last edited:
10) The Antichrist (2001)

R-2272104-1409160475-8942.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 6.5/16

The Antichrist was indeed a great album and I hope this one is just as good or ever better.

"Nailed To The Cross" was the highlite for me on The Antichrist.

Cool! I'm looking forward to it. I just got into the band and I think that The Antichrist is a great album.

And Destruction's obviously weighed in with The Antichrist, which is one of the best thrash albums of the past ten years. All Hell Breaks Loose was damn good too, and Metal Discharge was pretty good. I think Destruction's just getting BETTER as time goes on.

5) Release From Agony (1987)

destructionreleasefromagonylp500.jpg

Average points per vote: 11.1/16

I'd argue that Release From Agony was one of the first true tech-thrash albums as well, ahead of what Coroner was doing at least. Their riffs can also be heard all over the first-wave black metal scene, not so much for Kreator or Sodom.

divine_torture said:
And Destruction is easily the best of the German trio. Release From Agony alone makes them the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: RadicalThrasher