GMD Poll: Razor's Discography Ranked

1) Violent Restitution (1988)

razor-cover.jpg

Average points per vote: 7.6/9

First place votes: 4 (@TechnicalBarbarity @zerostatic @RadicalThrasher @HamburgerBoy)

Yeah man, i love Violent Restitution. Bonafide thrash metal classic right there.

I feel that I am familiar enough with, say, Razor's Violent Restitution to be able to get the proper appreciation for it. It is extremely abrupt and upfront in its intent and immediately understood. There is nothing subversive about it and requires no time to "sink in;" rather, it's just a fist-to-the-face all-out Thrash Metal assault. There is not much to be understood, but there is not much that needs to be understood to gain a proper appreciation for the album's intent.

Last edited:
Scores are updated, including Krow's vote. Armed and Dangerous dropped from 6 to 7, while Open Hostility moved from 7 to 6. Everything else stayed the same, but the top 3 is much tighter than it was before.

how did Executioners Song top Malicious Intent when nearly everyone rated the latter higher? You might need to figure out another point system for these games because shit like this has happened a few times already. one persons #1 vote should not be able to catapult an album that the majority thinks is one of the weaker ones towards the top or middle of the list.

1. Your point on this specific example is overstated. 6 people had MI higher, while 4 people had ES higher. It's not like the results contradicted 90% of the voters view.

2. No system is perfect, but I do think my system is effective and generally reflects the board's views the majority of the time. I use the mean score to rank the albums. I could use the median score instead to de-value outliers. However, this would create a problem with albums that are polarizing, as an album could end up ranking really high or really low despite many people having the contrary opinion of the album.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
1. Your point on this specific example is overstated. 6 people had MI higher, while 4 people had ES higher. It's not like the results contradicted 90% of the voters view.
yea my mistake. i was going off memory and i thought only two other people had ranked Executioner's Song higher. And dont get me wrong, even though im saying its one of their "weaker" albums i still like it and think their discog is one of the strongest around so that;s not really taking anything away from them

yea my mistake. i was going off memory and i thought only two other people had ranked Executioner's Song higher. And dont get me wrong, even though im saying its one of their "weaker" albums i still like it and think their discog is one of the strongest around so that;s not really taking anything away from them

All good. And yeah, I agree. While they’re not my favorite type of thrash, I still think all their albums are good to very good, except Decibels. Executor’s Song has a bit more of a NWOBHM vibe, which is why it’s my #1, but the more straight forward thrash albums are still very good for that style.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity