GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2005

I acknowledged from the getgo people would disagree with cky and C&C being metal, and I can see why. HBB just doesn't have any standing to do so when he put SOAD in the top 10 of anything (besides his genre autism).
But SOAD are mostly metal, so your complaint here doesn't really hold any weight. Also the two albums that our neighborhood autistocrat named from them are heavier and better than most of the albums on your list.

You and ozz should get together and have some margaritas.

But SOAD are mostly metal, so your complaint here doesn't really hold any weight. Also the two albums that our neighborhood autistocrat named from them are heavier and better than most of the albums on your list.

You and ozz should get together and have some margaritas.

Heavier probably. Definitely not better.

Coheed & Cambria is some of the shittiest shit. I can't believe Mort likes them tbh, he just lost a hundred in-crowd points in my eyes.

Reactions: CiG
Coheed & Cambria is some of the shittiest shit.

Ah, now we have it. Why didn't you just say that to begin with instead of arguing about their metal status? They have been shit since No World for Tomorrow, but that album was a solid 9/10. Frankly I'm shocked there's now a vocal contingent of SOAD lovers on UM. We're obviously a long way from 2008.

Has nothing to do with metalness. I think Among the Living is worse than anything SOAD or C&C but it's obviously more metal than them.

It's not as bad an album as some of their other stuff but it's still fucking rank. I don't know why you're so butthurt about this, no one here is fellating SOAD, stop projecting your pleasurable guilt onto others.

Wait is cky that band from Viva La Bam? Always thought that shit was a joke or something. At least if you're going to pick a band from that, go with Turbonegro or something.

It is funny how hard it is to put into words genre distinctions in the grey areas of music, but basically anyone who has spent any time listening to a specific genre just knows the boundaries intuitively (some bands are legitimately borderline though, especially subgenre ones). C&C may have the occasional 'metal moment' now and then, but in the end they ultimately play to the genres of rock and post-hardcore.

@Krow - yes, and im pretty sure the only song most people have ever heard of was the song called '96 Quite Bitter Beings' attached to a skate video. Otherwise they are a 3rd rate hard rock band with cult status via Bam Margera. The drummer was his brother I think.

The only thing I know about Coheed & Cambria is that Chris Pennie joined them after bailing on The Dillinger Escape Plan and that what I've heard of their music was pretty terrible.

Bam Margera is/was a turd, but that doesn't have anything to do with cky being good or not.

It is rock, but like I said, fuck it.

It's a joke that Dak has those albums on his list and it just goes to reaffirm that he was one of the lowest metal IQs of any of the regulars, but that said, he's the only one that is gonna vote for them, so it's hardly worth bickering over.

1 bolt thrower - those once loyal ...by a country mile
2 cephalic carnage - anomalies
3 lightning bolt - hypermagic mountain
4 om - variations on a theme
5 ackercoke - words that go unspoken, deeds that go undone
6 mortician - chainsaw dismemberment
7 hate eternal - l. monarch
8 mattsson - war
9 nile - annihilation of the wicked
10 municipal waste - hazardous mutation

Reactions: -CC-