GMD travel buddy program...?

San Francisco is great, I recommend you visit there. If you end up doing this during the school year I'd be happy to host you in Toronto but it sounds like you're doing it in the summer and you don't want to go somewhere cold.

I find this whole thing hilarious. "Can I come and live in your house for a few weeks and hang out with you?"
Just a sort of awkward question. That said, Boston isn't worth visiting, so I'm off your list.

San Francisco is great, I recommend you visit there. If you end up doing this during the school year I'd be happy to host you in Toronto but it sounds like you're doing it in the summer and you don't want to go somewhere cold.

SF is also pretty gross... bums all over the place.

Somehow I doubt Onder wants anything to do with me, but it would be pretty interesting to meet him.

I'd like to meet you Grant. You're a guy who gets drunk and rocks out to Soulside Journey, I'm a guy who gets drunk and makes absurd sexist jokes. Come to Prague and we can rock out together, you'll finally try some beer out, not piss. And meet some real girls. :kickass:

Oh and I plan on going to MDF some time, but definately not this year, because I'm not even capable of getting drunk yet, by your gay communist US standards, and I'm also an alcoholic which doesn't go well together imo.

Prague is awesome and definitely good beer.

I'd consider putting someone up in Perth some time if anyone feels like travelling halfway round the world, but it depends when as my living arrangements will be changing a few times this year. Plus I work shitloads at the moment. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world IMO, and a fun though not particularly cultural place to live. Also Episteme is here, and I think Rumpole too.

I'd like to meet you Grant. You're a guy who gets drunk and rocks out to Soulside Journey, I'm a guy who gets drunk and makes absurd sexist jokes. Come to Prague and we can rock out together, you'll finally try some beer out, not piss. And meet some real girls. :kickass:

Well I don't get drunk nearly as often as you do, and I tend to suck at talking to women (I can't even imagine how much worse it would be when I don't even speak their native language, lol), but Prague does seem pretty badass and I would definitely be down for some partying. Would I be able to converse with people in English to any significant extent while I'm there?

Prague is awesome and definitely good beer.

I'd consider putting someone up in Perth some time if anyone feels like travelling halfway round the world, but it depends when as my living arrangements will be changing a few times this year. Plus I work shitloads at the moment. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world IMO, and a fun though not particularly cultural place to live. Also Episteme is here, and I think Rumpole too.

Perth seems like an awesome place aside from being in the middle of nowhere with like nothing else to see for hundreds of miles. I might take you up though, who knows. Especially if you can hook me up with a chick as easy as you did with your friend, lol.

Well I don't get drunk nearly as often as you do, and I tend to suck at talking to women (I can't even imagine how much worse it would be when I don't even speak their native language, lol), but Prague does seem pretty badass and I would definitely be down for some partying. Would I be able to converse with people in English to any significant extent while I'm there?

Most people know English here, though most of my friends are slightly worse at it than me. This should help you make a picture.

If you'd be interested in visiting India, you are welcome here in Bangalore, though it would be weird considering I'm a GMD outsider. Living expenses are dirt cheap here with quality travel/food/booze and English is pretty much widely spoken.

Most people know English here, though most of my friends are slightly worse at it than me. This should help you make a picture.

I imagine I would understand people's English well enough there, it would probably just be funny to listen to the ways you guys mangle it. :)

If I end up going anywhere non-Anglophonic on this trip I will probably make an effort to learn the basics of the language there before making the trip. Maybe bum some Rosetta Stone discs off of somebody and lurk a forum in the language for a few weeks.

My web design II class spent our first day discussing travel (particularly the teacher's); one of the main locations he brought up was Prague. Definitely going there at some point !

If you'd be interested in visiting India, you are welcome here in Bangalore, though it would be weird considering I'm a GMD outsider. Living expenses are dirt cheap here with quality travel/food/booze and English is pretty much widely spoken.

Hey, as long as you're not a psycho killer or something it's all good. India seems to have pretty friendly people overall though. My boss is actually from Bhubaneswar I believe. Do you have any crazy psytrance clubs in your town? :lol:

Do you have any crazy psytrance clubs in your town? :lol:

That's Goa, where wasted white women get routinely raped after tripping on all sorts of shit. I don't listen to that stuff so I'm clueless, but probably. But there is a decent rock/metal culture here with some decent bands. Yes, people are quite corteous towards guests, atleast in South India. Also, where else would you get a litre of amazing whiskey for 4$