GMD Votes: Top Thrash Metal Albums (Prelim Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Slayer - Hell Awaits
2. Infernal Majesty - None Shall Defy
3. Exodus - Bonded by Blood
4. Razor - Evil Invaders
5. Holy Terror - Mind Wars
6. Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
7. Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare
8. Merciless - The Awakening
9. Massacra - Final Holocaust
10. Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
11. Sodom - Persecution Mania
12. Destruction - Infernal Overkill
13. Sabbat - History of a Time to Come
14. Artillery - By Inheritance
15. Possessed - Seven Churches
16. Coroner - R.I.P.
17. Whiplash - Power and Pain
18. Dream Death - Journey Into Mystery
19. Rigor Mortis - Rigor Mortis
20. Voivod - War and Pain

Also: Bleh to Exumer and Holy Terror

I used to think that Holy Terror was a bit overrated as well (at least as a thrash band; their most melodic trad metal moments are undeniably excellent), but the more I listen to them the more I notice the writing under all the ranting, uber-fast tempos, and muddy production. Both albums are great.

Exumer is pretty much shit though.

Glad to see so little Megadeth, and hoped for less Slayer. Can't believe people are listing Sodom albums other than Tapping the Vein, and Hexen has terrible vocals.

Yep, I'm gonna be 'that guy' and vote for Pantera. Fuck you. I don't give a shit and your mother can die of cancer

1 Metallica Kill 'Em All
2 Megadeth Rust in Peace
3 Metallica Ride the Lightning
4 Sepultura Beneath the Remains
5 Invocator Weave the Apocalypse
6 Exodus Bonded By Blood
7 Pantera Cowboys From Hell
8 Toxik Think This
9 Testament The Legacy
10 Testament The New Order
11 Slayer Show No Mercy
12 Heathen Victims of Deception
12 Machine Head Burn My Eyes
13 Overkill The Years of Decay
14 Kreator Coma of Souls
15 Havok Unnatural Selection
16 Sodom Persecution Mania

I like Tapping the Vein but naww. Kinda silly thinking this thread wouldn't be polluted by Slayer.

I didn't shit on the entire album. I only shit on the vocals. Cut me some slack.

My vote might change by next week. This is a placeholder mostly. The top 7-8 won't change.

lol, Killians vocals truly are an acquired taste, which i've personally grown to love. It's almost as much a part of that album as the rest of the music. Plus it's filled with one killer riff after another. A classic fuckin' riff salad.

lol, Killians vocals truly are an acquired taste, which i've personally grown to love. It's almost as much a part of that album as the rest of the music. Plus it's filled with one killer riff after another. A classic fuckin' riff salad.

If I'm ever in Santa Monica, we'll get together and slam some brews and jam to Testament. Love that band and I love Chuck Billy.

I'll have my list done within a day or two. Gotta go back and give a few a listen and debate with my face. I don't see any problem with some Megadeth and Slayer should be high up there. We can all agree they were amazing at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.