Goddamn Music Class!

Mario86

Droogie
Apr 6, 2006
Milwaukee
Ok so, in my high school we have a music class (DUH!), I'm about to start semester #2, in which I have music class. BUT! From what I hear, there is an 'audition' for your instrument, and they'll only let you play your instrument if you are challenged by it. (NOT retarted:p , they just want it to be challenging for you). Well anyway, so here's the problem! I NEEEEED to play guitar! But, I doubt I'll be able to play it because playing "smoke on the water" or half notes @ 120bpm doesn't challenge me:p . Guitar= life to me, so it'll really suck if I can't play it.
ADVICE? What should I do? I thought about playing a simple song and fucking up on the timing, but once you've been playing 24/7 on a metronome, that's hard to do.

thanks!:ill: (it starts on monday )

Learn a tapping thing. Something like Eruption will make you sound better than you are, especially if you crank up the reverb, delay and echo. :p

Reactions: Nikotiini
No, no, no!
Shitty playing= they let me play guitar
Good/normal playing= They DONT let me play guitar

it's fucked up, I know

No, no, no!
Shitty playing= they let me play guitar
Good/normal playing= They DONT let me play guitar

it's fucked up, I know

:zombie:
I suggest you simply make it out of tune (guitar) and play twinkle, twinkle little star. How more shitty could it get than that. This will guarantee you a spot, that is, if you say is true.

Well I cant play like I've never even touched a guitar :lol:, There has to be a balence between "BLAH" and "youtube n00b" playing skill :lol:

play some sabbath, learn iron man and when they ask u to play it for the first time go slow and shit. then when ur next to play crank it up!

Ok so, in my high school we have a music class (DUH!), I'm about to start semester #2, in which I have music class. BUT! From what I hear, there is an 'audition' for your instrument, and they'll only let you play your instrument if you are challenged by it. (NOT retarted:p , they just want it to be challenging for you). Well anyway, so here's the problem! I NEEEEED to play guitar! But, I doubt I'll be able to play it because playing "smoke on the water" or half notes @ 120bpm doesn't challenge me:p . Guitar= life to me, so it'll really suck if I can't play it.
ADVICE? What should I do? I thought about playing a simple song and fucking up on the timing, but once you've been playing 24/7 on a metronome, that's hard to do.

why don't you just learn a second instrument? Do piano, will help you at theory alot.

yeah, if you're already good at playing guitar, why not attempt to start the piano? or........like someone else suggested, try some classical guitar which is much different than playing rock/metal stuff on your electric.

It's simple. Play something that IS challenging to you.

I only have a desire to play guitar. Guitar=life, I don't want to put another instrument into the mix. I just want to play guitar at every possible opportunity.

I only have a desire to play guitar. Guitar=life, I don't want to put another instrument into the mix. I just want to play guitar at every possible opportunity.

as CliffBurton said, learning to play piano will help ya at theary a lot...it'll be better for you.

Bands get keyboardists. Not Floutists.... Unless you're Mago De Oz. Those guys kick ass. PIRATE METAL!!