Good band, sad fact: Trendy.

Oct 28, 2003
I've found a good band, that's not metal...

If you haven't already heard tons of shit about this band, The Mars Volta, although turning out to be trendy, is GREAT.
The Pink Floyd-esque group is amazing. Their new album, well sort of new, "De-loused in the Comatorium" is groundbreaking, even if you can find it on the endcaps of aisles at Best Buy :erk:. I know, I know, it's rediculous that I like such a "poppy" band, but I think you all should give them a chance. Raw talent, I tell you. The lyrics are no less than amazing, and the tempo changeups and drawn out breakdowns are nice.

Now that I have disappointed you all, I think I'll go...

(NP: At the Gates - Cold)

about the sad fact : of course they are NOT trendy
i was pretty suspicious about that album because of all the ultra hype about it, until i got it and loved it. It's inspiration is remarkable and its by far one of the finest prog rock albums of the 00's until now.
check At The Drive In where some of the Mars Volta members played before M.V.
and of course it is not ridiculus to like that kind of bands

God has forgiven you for your sins. *incants the sacred rites of Him*

you have now been blessed. Now listen to the Mars Volta without any remorse or regret.

PS: you have to listen to other so called "trendy" bands like the white stripes now too. sorry, but making you do this was part of my pact with satan.

I never said I was ashamed of the band, whatsoever. This band does indeed kick a large amount of ass. I was just a bit skeptical myself because of the popularity. The issue of popularity is not the problem. Its why things are popular that bothers me. Usually "popular" music these days is, well, poppy. Poppy and short is not my idea of good music, unless its good ol' grindcore. Also another facet od trendy music seems to be lack of meaning. Anywho, the best songs on the album, in my opinion, is "Eriatarka" and "Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt"

Bought the cd awhile back........FUCKING LOVE IT! The vocals and lyrics of Televators are striking and heartbreaking. Long live The Mars Volta.