grandma

Thanks, guys. I appreciate your kindness.
*luff*

This is just...life...but it doesn't make it any easier.
I heard that she was excited to see me. My dad said it seemed like she was waiting for me, and she was a lot more lively after I showed up.. That made me happy.

Btw, the King Diamond reference is hilarious...no offense taken.

She's gone - I got a call from my dad at 9:20 tonight, and I guess she passed sometime around 9:00pm. He said Hospice called the family in because she didn't have much time, her breathing slowed, she opened her eyes a little, and then slipped away. I'm having a hard time with this, but at the same time I'm glad and accepting of it because I know she's free from her pain, and she's free to do everything she hasn't been able to do in years. She didn't want to be immobile in a hosital bed, and she didn't want to be stuck in a carehome. Thank god the hospial bed part only lasted for about a week. She was a proud, somewhat stubborn, woman, and full of dignity, and that's why she decided on "no heroic measures." I luckily had about 8 friends with me when I got the news, and they're keeping me good and distracted *they made a ton of amazing freestyle rap songs, haha.*

I saw my mom and dad separately tonight, and I gave them both hugs and cried it out with them. I talked to them about all of the memories I have of her, and I really want to write all of them down. She was my favorite, and last, grandparent...the only one I really knew.

My family are being weird and are not gathering for a memorial or making an obituary, so I'm doing both. I'm sure all of her kids are going to squabble over her inheritance and belongings...whatever, I'm staying out of it. My dad is helping me plan a small memorial in town, and I really want to sing "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera for her there. She was a huge fan of that, and I remember that was one of her favorite songs. I just don't know if I can do as well as Sara Brightman, heh.

Rest in peace, Joy Oswell.

I think the reason why you're Joy's favorite is because you're so much alike. Very proud, mostly stubborn, very artistic minded. I hope she passed peacefully and with no regrets. RIP Joy. I hope that your fathers family can set aside their differences to Celebrate the life of their mother. That would be good.