Greatest album of 2013

Abyssal was quite good, but my favorite this year is Tribulation - Formulas of Death.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3KISLXgcX8&list=PLIwNqbY-oWlVMWWKcnW8udgO3GmugWtyG[/ame]

I was going to say Sunbather, but seeing Deafheaven live actually dampened the impact of their record for me. So at the moment it's a tie between the following:

Light Bearer - Silver

Palms - ST

Intronaut - Habitual Levitations

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an EP not an album but Bolzer's Aura EP blew me away when it came out. That riff melts my brain.

PS can someone show me how to correctly embed videos? I cant seem to figure it out.

I especially liked "I fucked your child in the ass, it very funny and I laughed".

Fuck yeah! I figured people here would probably know about 'em but they're a band worth spreading around because they're still new. But seriously, major labels are gonna be knockin' on Bolzer's door real soon. I saw it described somewhere as black/death meets Neurosis which isn't too far off but that phrasing is certainly gonna blow this band up. Give it a week or two and we'll see Cvlt Nation promoting the shit out of them.

Their vocalist had a really bizarre stage presence and everyone else in the group was pretty unconvincing. Similar to my reaction to Mutilation Rites. Marriages was the best act of the night for that tour.

Inter Arma, in contrast, solidified their place in my year end list with a crushing live performance.