Guitar Compilation

I honestly wouldn't be able to say, but "better", in my opinion, is based on personal preference.

Something can be better quality but it doesn't necessarily mean it's "better" for a player that wants certain specs.

An amazing £3000 Fender Strat with a fixed bridge, 21 frets and single coils isn't really going to be an ideal guitar for someone that is the lead guitarist in a Steve Vai cover band. It might be better quality overall but a 24 fret Ibanez with a slim neck, double humbuckers and a floating bridge would be "better" for this guy, regardless of how much it cost.

Good point, Mitch!:lol:Never thought of it like that before. I would want to test a SV...they seem like such sweet guitars. I'd start saving up for one in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the FUCKING DOTS!:erk:

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the dots either.

And with the RR24/SV thing. If someone was totally into John Petrucci's style and sound but wanted a V shaped guitar, the SV would be "better" because of the neck pickup. You can't get that familiar JP picking sound with a bridge pickup.

I hate that you actually put your guitar on that ground!!!!:zombie: Awesome guitar though...

Well, it was very loose sand ;) you can blow it off very easily.

It is a awesome guitar indeed, i set it up just how i like it and it plays like a dream!
AND THAT COLOR!!!!

The only disappointing are the dots :( but that doesnt matter cause its my beauty!

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the dots either.

And with the RR24/SV thing. If someone was totally into John Petrucci's style and sound but wanted a V shaped guitar, the SV would be "better" because of the neck pickup. You can't get that familiar JP picking sound with a bridge pickup.

Yeah...imagine a SV with Sharkfins or Arrow heads(cums) Well its still a sweet guitar! I could buy one in a heartbeat if i had the money i think. :kickass: There are also TOTALLY black ones with no inlays but the ESP inlay at 12th fret. They also have Floyd rose and 24 frets. They look great. Doesn't Dimmu Borgir play with those? Ive heard so atleast.

Yeah...imagine a SV with Sharkfins or Arrow heads(cums) Well its still a sweet guitar! I could buy one in a heartbeat if i had the money i think. :kickass: There are also TOTALLY black ones with no inlays but the ESP inlay at 12th fret. They also have Floyd rose and 24 frets. They look great. Doesn't Dimmu Borgir play with those? Ive heard so atleast.

Galder in Dimmu Borgir has a custom shop V, but the guitar you're thinking of is actually a normal black ESP SV, but he had some kind of black tape over the pinstripes so it looks like it's all black:

Picture036.jpg

But yeah, ESP makes an SV guitar which has passive pickups, black hardware and no pinstripes:

http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/esporiginal/sv.htm

^ Nice guitar. I actually think the Alexi-200 (like yours), looks better than the Alexi-600. I wouldn't buy one though, too low-end for me ;)

Galder in Dimmu Borgir has a custom shop V, but the guitar you're thinking of is actually a normal black ESP SV, but he had some kind of black tape over the pinstripes so it looks like it's all black:

Picture036.jpg

But yeah, ESP makes an SV guitar which has passive pickups, black hardware and no pinstripes:

http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/esporiginal/sv.htm

i know galder has customs but im pretty sure that thats just a standard sv