Guitar Player's Thread

I see you finally got a rack case. You should be glad you didn't buy mine. That looks indestructible compared to the wimpy 1/8'' plywood shit i had

I've had it dude, 6 spaces.

I need more room, I've got an SD1 chillen in the back and have a wireless system that needs to go in. BUT NOWHERE IT CAN BE.

I need a mother fucking clean boost as the SD1 is harsh and cuts bass. Fucker.

Got some pictures from the band competition event :) We all look like we just got buttfucked (probably did too). I find the bassists appearance a bit comical on the pictures :lol: He's a punkrocker and apparently had to wear those shoes for some reason :lol:

26236_437837492221_776087221_5708540_6047579_n.jpg

inb4: trying to mosh. I look like i got a iron pipe up my butt :lol:

26236_437837362221_776087221_5708521_5788935_n.jpg

Ronny, Our drummer.

26236_437837467221_776087221_5708538_644466_n.jpg

After the songs we played when we were announced as winners.

26236_437837602221_776087221_5708550_7516243_n.jpg

We will in close future go to the studio to record some stuff. I will post here when we got some proper material up instead of the worse stuff we got on myspace. Both the songs and production will be brought up a notch. The ones that are upped now are very early songs. They are pretty much "pre-band" written. Before we actually had gotten into each others minds with the jamming.

Fucking unbelievable!

My band just won the battle of the bands tonight. Actually its like 6 hours ago but still. Can't believe it! Feels good man. First prize was studiotime and ofcourse some exposure through us being in some newspapers and shit!

I am happy.

Congratulations you guys, looks like you're really hitting it right, can't wait to listen what you get from studiotime :kickass:

Congratulations you guys, looks like you're really hitting it right, can't wait to listen what you get from studiotime :kickass:

Thanks, man! Yeah it's going great and we got alot of stuff going on. Next up is a Single and then the Full length shortly after.

Here are some pro-photos of our band playing. They really captured the moment IMO and they are worth checking out!

http://www.bqrockfoto.fi/2010/04/bandtavling-final-doo-bop/

We are Neglected Fear in case anyone wonders :lol:

Thanks, man! Yeah it's going great and we got alot of stuff going on. Next up is a Single and then the Full length shortly after.

Here are some pro-photos of our band playing. They really captured the moment IMO and they are worth checking out!

http://www.bqrockfoto.fi/2010/04/bandtavling-final-doo-bop/

We are Neglected Fear in case anyone wonders :lol:

Oh shit, I think you stole someone's chance at going back home.

c_004_frs7551.jpg

Clearly this guitarist belongs back in 1985.

Well I just found the most ridiculous amateur shred video I've seen in a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is obnoxious. This kid is a pretty good player, but seriously... That guitar is fucking horrendous. I guess having an 8 or 9 string guitar is really handy as a blunt instrument when you're that scrawny lol.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBOS-Os2c24&feature=related[/ame]

haha that was pretty cool man :D

can anybody help me out, i have a few questions about tuning my alexi 600 blacky:
- a few of my strings have gone out of tune and i have no idea how to re tune them again. can i just use the fine tuners on the floyd rose or is there a another way?
- i want to tune my guitar to Drop D (DADGBE), and i dont know much about the floyd rose, so can someone tell me or give me a link to a website showing me how to change it from E standard to Drop D? or would it be best to just drop it off at a music store to get it done?

-If you want to retune your guitar, you can just use your fine tuners.
-If you want to tune your guitar to drop D, it's best to fix your bridge (put something beneath it, so it can't drop into the guitar), detune your string(s), and then adjust the strings in the back of your guitar, so the bridge will be parallel to your body again.
Hope this helps:).

-If you want to retune your guitar, you can just use your fine tuners.
-If you want to tune your guitar to drop D, it's best to fix your bridge (put something beneath it, so it can't drop into the guitar), detune your string(s), and then adjust the springs in the back of your guitar, so the bridge will be parallel to your body again.
Hope this helps:).

You'll have to turn the screws in the back clockwise a little bit to tighten the springs because that 6th string will be a little more loose than before. Just play around with it. It's not complicated. Just time consuming, tedious, and annoying.