Guitar Player's Thread

hollly shit... thats expensive. lately i started my self to carve and its really easy and lots of fun. your inly design is really easy to make....

hummm maybe i should open my own custom shop :rolleyes:
lol no that perfect it isnt... like the curves and that shit... you cant do that with your hand... the computer drawing is the hard thing

naa computer part is not hard, graphics or vector what ever. in the end you have to take 1 to 1 size and draw it on wood and than rout it out.

naa computer drawing is not hard graphics or vector in the end you have to take 1 to 1 size and draw it on wood and than rout it out.
you have to show me, drawing that in less than 5 hours.. and im talking about the "perfect" curve, which means they have to be 99% parallel, beeing continuoes, heading together

for simple curve lines you can draw it in vector programs and than print it. off course not on home printer you have to do it in print house where they can print posters half size atleast. after you have the print in your hand the 1 to 1 size you cut it carefully out, lay on your wood/neck/ what ever material and redraw the out line

for simple curve lines you can draw it in vector programs and than print it. off course not on home printer you have to do it in print house where they can print posters half size atleast. after you have the print in your hand the 1 to 1 size you cut it carefully out, lay on your wood/neck/ what ever material and redraw the out line
draw it and show me ;) i thought "fucking easy" too at first

my bad i wanted to say why you would do it

Because it makes bending/vibrato easier.

I tried it on an old jem, it's actually quite cool, you notice some difference, but i would like to try a fully scalloped fretboard sometime.

What is the actual benefit of scalloping anyway? String bending?

Postjumped >.<

i don't know, i guess you will have to read through that link again.
if it helps you here is the result of this tutorial on my bass

picture149ri4.jpg

picture150lh4.jpg

the last 7 frets are scalped just for the 2 strings (G and D)

it helps but not that much and malmsteen is good because he is good and not because of the scalps

I've played on an yngwie strat before and it was a 'different' experience. It takes a bit of getting used to adjusting to the scallops because when you hit notes your fingers dont really touch the fret board. It's kinda like your fingers a floating in a way:loco:. Having the scallops did make it easier to bend aswell.

Malmsteen has said himself, it makes fast playing HARDER but as some of the guys have said, it's mainly for bending and better control in general.