Guitar Player's Thread

@Corny: Ah yeh! I got a place seriously wrong on my recording. There's a place where you go down on the fretboard and I'm just playing the same riff over. ARGH! I just failed fuckin hard :lol: Anyways. Yeah it was Toneport...really satisfied with that buy :cool:

I did a recording today. Just an intro :) Nothing too fancy but i think it was allright. I used my Ibanez for this one...

Lamb Of God - Hourglass Intro

You play it very tight, although I think that you have the wrong tabs (or I do, I learned it months ago). Well done.
Did you record it with the toneport? It sounds muffled, I recommend playing around with very low gain on the amp itself, but to add the tubescreamer. Gives you a more "biting" tone.

I did a remaster because i was bored. I did some really crazy stuff with some VST EQing :lol: compare!

Lamb Of God - Hourglass INTRO REMASTER

im learning a shit load of stuff since grounded forever.

i've learned
death-scavenger of human sorrow, bit the pain, a moment of clarity, spirit crusher, flesh and the power it holds
faceless-legion of the serpent
lamb of god-hourglass, ashes of the wake
behemoth-chant for eschaton, slaves shall serve
at the gates-whole slaughter of the soul album

some other shit i forget but its pretty tight :)

i've learned
death-scavenger of human sorrow, bit the pain, a moment of clarity, spirit crusher, flesh and the power it holds

FUCK YEAH!

Lamb of god is awesome...so is Behemoth. Also...At the gates :kickass:

Hey guys, whats up? i just came back out of boredom and i have nothing to do tonight, just thought id show you this, my new jackson!
[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XqFCeosJtqg[/ame]

i've learned

That intro is fucking awesome. Im still having troubles with the last sweep.

His TONE is really great, but his playing isn't. Seriously, the Vintage Modern sounds phenomenal (seen it with PG two times) and I often think about getting rid of the Powerball for a Marshall. It would be a JVM.

Do let me know if you decide to get rid of the Powerball my friend :)

That was awesomely clean and tight dude!

Yeah, I think only some endings were different.

And I think that this PG video is not very well known: Paul plays on a seven string:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diO8lc2YWHU&fmt=18

1.50 is funny. :)

Thanks a lot, cool vid :)

Tonerport ftw:cool:

I've played chromatic scales to a metronome now, and my fingers are tired:(

Yeah, chromatic does get your fingers tired :lol:

I did a remaster because i was bored. I did some really crazy stuff with some VST EQing :lol: compare!

Lamb Of God - Hourglass INTRO REMASTER

1st recording: nice tone.
2nd recording: awesome tone dude! That seriously rocked!

I can't really comment on the song cos I don't know it that much, but seemed pretty tight :kickass:

i've learned

Holy crap that's a huge list of awesome songs, I would like to hear you playing some of those man!

BTW, and I write this in a new post (sorry for doubleposting) both cos my previous has already too much stuff and cos I thing that it deserves it.

Be sure to click on the link and see it in high res in Youtube, cos it's damn good quality :kickass:

Once again, be sure to click on the link for the HD one :kickass:

(no hq link this time, sorry)

ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, and I write this in a new post (sorry for doubleposting) both cos my previous has already too much stuff and cos I thing that it deserves it.

Racer X at Namm 09 - Frenzy
Be sure to click on the link and see it in high res in Youtube, cos it's damn good quality :kickass:

Racer X at Namm 09 - Motorman
Once again, be sure to click on the link for the HD one :kickass:

Paul Gilbert at Namm 09 Party
(no hq link this time, sorry)

ENJOY!

The RX ones are filmed by the Racer x forum webmaster! You missed Superheroes though :cool:

[ame]http://se.youtube.com/watch?v=HM0BUZUEwsE[/ame]

I bought Peavey ReValver the other day, definitely sounds a lot more realistic than Line 6 models. I cant wait to do some recording with it, makes me want a 6505 really bad!