Guitarists. hah.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to think of somthing to say to this, I'm finding it difficult.

I wasnt to say somthing like "NO SHIT" or "Woah Captain Obvious arived", but its just not enough. Also, Sixpounder and (I Think) Angels dont kill are also in Dropped C.

WOAH I just figured out their first album was Db! IT ONLY TOOK ME 9 YEARS

You seriously JUST figured this out now?
Its like making a post saying "well i've now figured out the world is round".

P.S. I hate dropped C

my band often switch between a step down standard and drop C and we dont have a problem with it... we just use different tunings for different songs becuase sometimes a song might sound better or play easier in a ceratin tuning.

right now i use C standard, was trying to learn a bit of trashed, lost + strungout and forgot that its in drop C, it sounded nothing like the original :p

lycanthropyhowl said:
my band often switch between a step down standard and drop C and we dont have a problem with it... we just use different tunings for different songs becuase sometimes a song might sound better or play easier in a ceratin tuning.

I agree on this.. my band does the same things when we write songs.. Also.. I think Next In Line is D-standard..:p

Otränad said:
I agree on this.. my band does the same things when we write songs.. Also.. I think Next In Line is D-standard..:p

I don't think it is, you can hear as low C a few seconds in.

All of AYDY album is in Dropped C. Most of their older stuff is D standard, with some eceptions (6 pounder being one, in Drop C) and Db sometimes as was said.

My band currently plays in C standard, and we regularily now do drop Bb (A#). My 7 string is currently tunred to B, but I am going to put it into Bb, because I'm on a fat Nevermore crave lately.

FearTheMullet said:
All of AYDY album is in Dropped C. Most of their older stuff is D standard, with some eceptions (6 pounder being one, in Drop C) and Db sometimes as was said.

isnt something wild in Db standard?

Lots of people like being able to use drop tuning becaues of being able to make quick power chord movements on low end. But, I say away from detuning at all, sometimes I'll write some stuff in Drop D, but I don't think it's necessary to detune anymore.

i like writing in drop C sometimes because it sounds heavier, but also sometimes becasue it just fits the song better

why has everyone been jacking my avatar recently? first the follow the reaper person, then some person on general music discussion, now another person. ridiculous.

^I use it sometimes on MSN, and I've seen someone with a button of it :D

I reaallyy hate Dropping doen below D standard. Its fucking useless. You dont need to drop down to fucking B to be heavy. If you cant sound heavy in standard tuning, you arn't doing it right. I tune in D standard because I play alot of songs in that tuning and my guitarist likes it, so we keep it.

CliffBurton said:
I'm sorry, I'm trying to think of somthing to say to this, I'm finding it difficult.

I wasnt to say somthing like "NO SHIT" or "Woah Captain Obvious arived", but its just not enough. Also, Sixpounder and (I Think) Angels dont kill are also in Dropped C.

WOAH I just figured out their first album was Db! IT ONLY TOOK ME 9 YEARS

You seriously JUST figured this out now?
Its like making a post saying "well i've now figured out the world is round".

P.S. I hate dropped C

No such key as D flat, it's called C sharp retard.

DoktorShred said:
No such key as D flat, it's called C sharp retard.
you cal it eitherway, I've been calling it Db and I have never been corrected by freinds, or skilled musicians and msuic professers.

So suck my dick retard

i just wanna know which guitar brand is better jackson or ESP, ESP are very expensive and i almost can't find them anywhere in my country. jackson when u play on these things your fingers get on fire and they aren't very expensive so i just wanna know please answe quick

CliffBurton said:
you cal it eitherway, I've been calling it Db and I have never been corrected by freinds, or skilled musicians and msuic professers.

Db and C# are the same note so it doesnt matter what you call it, i also have alsways called it Db....

definityXS said:
i just wanna know which guitar brand is better jackson or ESP, ESP are very expensive and i almost can't find them anywhere in my country. jackson when u play on these things your fingers get on fire and they aren't very expensive so i just wanna know please answe quick

Having played a few models by both jackson and ESP, i prefer the jackson's, maybe because i own to and just prefer the familiar, but i really like the jacksons, maybe post yor questionj in musician discussion, probably get a more in depth answer...

dont be gay, play in standard tuning...

get an ibanez rg

okay thnx i will spare some money for a jackson (but i also like the ESP alexi signature =P)
but thnx anyway
ROCK ON!!!!