Have you LOVED Opeth for more than two years?

can someone just summarize what it is that people don't like about GR?

I like the album, but i found it a bit boring and i am not a fan of the production.. Too quiet and weak. TGC, whilst having a couple of nice riffs, blows really. It's good, i like it.. But yeah, compared to their other records i found it boring.

Opeth changed my life, and I still consider getting an Opeth tattoo after many years. They're the only reason I ever registered at UM honestly.

just had a shock i would have said id been into Opeth for about 3 or 4 years but i got into them throught reading a review in a hifi magazine (sad isnt it) when the album came out so it must be about 7 years now.

time flies with Opeth:headbang:

I've been a fan for about two years and I absolutely love Opeth. I like them more now than when i was first introduced to them, and that says a lot because I thought they were absolutely increadible.

I'll go through short spells where I won't listen to Opeth at all, but you have to do that, I mean, if you listened to a band 24/7 it would get a little repetative. But, I listen to opeth even more now than I did at the begining.

5 years I believe. My interest goes up and down. I became a die-hard fan three years ago, with the release of Ghost reveries. Don't think I will stop listening to them any time soon, new albums or not.

I think that when you get into opeth. Alot of the times they will help you get into other styles of music. Since getting into opeth they opened me to classic progressive rock, singer songwriters, and yes way more metal bands. When i was first into opeth i listened to them obsessivly for a long time. As the years went on iv started to listen to Opeth lesser, if only because iv heard the songs so much, and that i have been getting into the above genres that i mentioned. I still love opeth, they are still my second favorite band (black sabbath,opeth,radiohead) But just because i dont listen to them every second of the day anymore does not mean i am not a fan. Once i hear the new album i can almost garuntee i will turn into an opeth fanboi once again!

Iv been into them since 2004 i think? very early 2004.

edit: plus most of those posters you talk about have been posting at dancedino.net for 3 years now (in one of its forms)

First I heard the band late 2002 or beginning of 2003, only songs from Blackwater Park and Deliverance and got hooked some of the songs. Then came Damnation and later on Lamentations. Never really listened older stuff at all (thought it was poor sounding :wave:) Then it was year 2005 when I bought Still Life and really started listening to it... And now I obviously got their all albums.

been a fan for five years now, i have listened to every song many times. Im a big fan still although i dont listen to opeth often anymore-

I am a relatively fresh faced Opeth fan,only started listening to them about a year ago,my liking for them quickly spread and for the last few months in particular I have listened to them intensely and tommorow night will be seeing them for the first time.I have long way to go for collecting Opeth memabrillia,so I don't think there's any danger of me getting bored of Opeth any time soon or my growing passion for them and their music dwindling!

Ever since a bit before deliverance came out for me, though first album i heard was still life which put them as my fav band, next day bought every album... havent stopped listening to them since.

a lot more than 2 years!
Thats what happens when you go crazy and do tattos etc! you have to take it easy sometimes! I had my monthly breaks with opeth.

I've been a fan since 2003, and a "hardcore" fan for most of that time. I credit a 2-week long trip to Yellowstone with really opening me up to Opeth - I listened to almost nothing but Deliverance that entire trip.

How does one lose interest in a good band they like? I mean you might get sick of them for playing them out.. I hardly listen to opeth at times just cuz I have for many years now...But I always get in my opeth moods and now that the new album is coming out i'll be obsessed with my whole catalogue again.

I heard Blackwater Park and bought it around 2002...and been a fan ever since..Own every album they put out and the dvd.

I have listened to them intensely and tommorow night will be seeing them for the first time.QUOTE]

They are professional as fuck live and funny...They sound AMAZING even if its a festival and not a headlining tour they always sound godly. I've seen them headline 3 times and play at a fest twice and they always kill.