Heathen Crusade II Update! Band Announcements!

General Zod said:
Exactly the point I tried to make to Nathan in the thread on the PP forum. If he's under the impression that anyone is flying in a day early to see a pre-party headlined by Beyond the Embrace or Into Eternity, he's going to lose his shirt.

Yep, but I guess I'm confused as to 'who loses their shirt'. The impression I had was that the HC promoters decided to make this a 2 night event and handed the organization of the pre-party to 'SwordLord'.

That's why I thought it was amazingly weird for him to post a thread in the ProgPower forum asking for band advice.

Now of course, if this is SworldLord's own little evening where he's promoting and paying for his own bands, independent of the actual HC fest, then good luck to him!

By the way, I was listening to Sala Molksa this morning and OMG THIS FUCKEN RULES HEATHEN CRUSADE NEEDS NEGURA BUNGET.

I also listened to Ensiferum's Iron and DragonHeads and I thought, meh, it's power metal with gr1m vox. It's just too Children of Bodom for my liking. Just too FINNVOX and clean. (That said, there's no doubt their debut s/t album is very excellent).

If you wanted jollyfolk (TM), you might as well go with FINTROLL.

But in terms of pagan/heathen spirit....I'm thinking more along the lines of:

Negura Bunget or perhaps even MORRIGAN

Let's face it, neither Falkenbach or Summoning will ever happen.

JayKeeley said:
Yep, but I guess I'm confused as to 'who loses their shirt'.
SwordLord.

JayKeeley said:
The impression I had was that the HC promoters decided to make this a 2 night event and handed the organization of the pre-party to 'SwordLord'.
While Nathan's post isn't explicit in regard to whose pocket all of this is coming out of, I can't imagine the HC guys just decided to let him play with thier money. Especially when he (admittedly) knows little about this subgenre. I've just assumed, they're letting him handle their pre-party in much the same way Shane handles Glenn's.

JayKeeley said:
Now of course, if this is SworldLord's own little evening where he's promoting and paying for his own bands, independent of the actual HC fest, then good luck to him!
This would be my guess.

Zod

What are some thoughts on Borknagar. I think they'd be a great band to have on the bill, not to mention they'd bring people to the fest.

I'm sure they could if we could make it worth their while. Borknagar is one band I would actually consider sponsoring. They're just too concerned with random bullshit to actually play music these days though apparently.

No, I spoke with Oystein in person when I was in Norway last month and he really wanted to do it, but they could not make it work with all the band members (some of who are just session members) and their other commitments. Believe me, we tried. It was not a question of money or anything, just other commitments that prevented them from doing it.

BAL-SAGOTH Confirmed as Headliner of the HEATHEN CRUSADE II Metalfest!

BAL-SAGOTH from the United Kingdom are confirmed as the headliner of the Heathen Crusade II Metalfest. GREY SKIES FALLEN (New York) and VESPERIAN SORROW (Texas) have also been confirmed to appear.

The Festival has been expanded to two days and will now take place on Friday, January 19 and Saturday, January 20, 2007.

There has also been change of venue, the Festival will now take place at the Station 4 in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Additional information on the bands and the Festival can be found at http://www.heathencrusade.com.