Heathen Crusade II Update! Band Announcements!

So SwordLord leaked the fact that there's a pre-party on Thursday meaning this will be a 3 night fest.

Mister Mayhem or kupshi - can you confirm? It also seems a little odd that SwordLord is tasked with picking bands for the Thursday night and that he's asking the progpower forum for suggestions.... :erk:

J. said:
haha, all the power metal dorks recommend ensiferum.

Or Beyond the Embrace and Into Eternity. :zombie: And of course, none of the progpower crowd will even be there...

You've got to imagine that if it's open season on pre-party bands (from anywhere in the world apparently), there's got to be an enormous effort to bring back Primordial. I can't think of a better band to kick things off. Well, except maybe Amon Amarth but really they should close the show.

JayKeeley said:
Or Beyond the Embrace and Into Eternity. :zombie: And of course, none of the progpower crowd will even be there...

You've got to imagine that if it's open season on pre-party bands (from anywhere in the world apparently), there's got to be an enormous effort to bring back Primordial. I can't think of a better band to kick things off. Well, except maybe Amon Amarth but really they should close the show.

Actually, that's a great ideal as well (I recommended November's Doom on the Progpower thread under the same pretense - though it would probably be easier for Nathan to book ND than Primordial).

Yeah I was automatically thinking of ND (just because of their location) but alas, they've already confirmed on their own forum that they're not doing it this year.

JayKeeley said:
Yeah I was automatically thinking of ND (just because of their location) but alas, they've already confirmed on their own forum that they're not doing it this year.

Right (it was actually in response to my post that they confirmed it over there); however, that does not mean they wouldn't play if they were offered the gig. I think it's important for the HC promoters to keep things fresh this year (not that that's a bad thing at all).

Anyway, (unless they've indicated otherwise) just because they aren't playing it, doesn't mean they can't play it. (Paul even indicated that he might try and make it up as a fan)

Dark One said:
I think it's important for the HC promoters to keep things fresh this year (not that that's a bad thing at all).

Right, but 3 nights to fill 3 rosters!!!!? I would think they've got the luxury to bring in a repeat act if need be.

JayKeeley said:
Right, but 3 nights to fill 3 rosters!!!!? I would think they've got the luxury to bring in a repeat act if need be.

That thought crossed my mind as well - but if they expand the main show to two nights, they will probably have 5 acts one night and 5 acts the other night, with 9 bands already confirmed save for the headliner.

JayKeeley said:

BTW - I totally agree with this as respects the pre-party. I was only referring to the main show when I stated I think the HC promoters want to keep things fresh this year. That's why I think ND (or Primordial for that matter) would be perfect for a pre-show show.

J. said:
Thyrfing, big enough to be headliner?

See, the thing with Thyrfing and Primordial is that they were both headlining bands for the main festival last year - I doubt they'd accept a pre-party slot this year, unless it was billed as a 3 night fest without a pre-party or something.

ND on the other hand, were not one of the headliners and not only would they probably accept a pre-party gig (schedule permitting), but they'd be easier and less expensive to book.

JayKeeley said:
Exactly the point I tried to make to Nathan in the thread on the PP forum. If he's under the impression that anyone is flying in a day early to see a pre-party headlined by Beyond the Embrace or Into Eternity, he's going to lose his shirt. I'd prefer not to see that happen, since he's a very cool guy.

Zod

MisterMayhem said:
They were already mentioned before. Why did they double post it?

we've sent out the announcement to our list of new sources, whether Blabbermouth decides to post it again is up to them. This or other way you should be happy for extra exposure ;)