Heathen Crusade II Update! Band Announcements!

has the hotel HQ been announced?

how do most of you book your flights...through a travel agent or some shit? i rarely fly and i hate it, so some tips would help. thanks.

Opeth17 said:
someone post some samples.

you might like it since you dig on cheese like wintersun and ensiferum, but the spoken narratives parts turn a lot of people off.

Bal-Sagoth are a fantasy comic book in metal form.

J. said:
has the hotel HQ been announced?

how do most of you book your flights...through a travel agent or some shit? i rarely fly and i hate it, so some tips would help. thanks.

See John's post below. We are going to try and get some negotiated rates for you all again too.

For flights, you can try sites like expedia.com, orbitz.com, sidestep.com or kayak.com to compare prices. And then I usually go direct to the airline site to see if they have it any cheaper.

MisterMayhem, are/were you the dude behind JCM Records? Just curious because I thought that guy was from MN as well.

cheers for the hotel and airline info, guys.

Thanks Krig.

Well, that did nothing for me. Boring, bad keys, spoken word stuff was obnoxious. I watched a couple live videos on youtube and they were very "meh" as well. The vocalist was particularly annoying, we'll see if I warm up to any of this. That song was not folky enough at all, which I was expecting a lot of.

they are not a folky band at all. more like battle Conan fantasy metal. they are a guilty pleasure and i enjoy all their albums.

JayKeeley said:
So SwordLord leaked the fact that there's a pre-party on Thursday meaning this will be a 3 night fest.

Mister Mayhem or kupshi - can you confirm? It also seems a little odd that SwordLord is tasked with picking bands for the Thursday night and that he's asking the progpower forum for suggestions.... :erk:

Oh good...pick the ultimate Power Metal geek to put together a pre-party for a fest that's the polar opposite of PM. That's like putting a screen door on a submarine. Not to mention that the guy's a douche on top of everything else.

KaptainKrude said:
Oh good...pick the ultimate Power Metal geek to put together a pre-party for a fest that's the polar opposite of PM. That's like putting a screen door on a submarine. Not to mention that the guy's a douche on top of everything else.

Ahhhhh. No. It is not going to be a PM show. We gave him a list of bands that we would like. Also, he will stick to the genre of the show.

MisterMayhem said:
Ahhhhh. No. It is not going to be a PM show. We gave him a list of bands that we would like. Also, he will stick to the genre of the show.

Excellent. Good to know he at least has some sort of direction. Now if only you can keep him off the mic... ;)