Heathen Crusade II Update! Band Announcements!

Sanctums said:
Although I don't think Bal Sagoth is a bad band, they are a weak headliner. Doesn't matter, I was dead set on going when the first three bands were announced.

yeah, I agree

Vreid, Manegarm, Skyforger & Rudra are good enough for me. now just to see if I can make it

i was going anyway, and Bal-Sagoth is icing on the cake

im looking forward to seeing the bands as much as hanging with the bands and you guys

Crimson Velvet said:
Any of you twits actually seen Satyricon live?

Won free tickets to see them the last time they were in the US, although Frost didn't make the trip. Joey Jordison from Slipknot filled in and did a damn fine job. On the whole I dug Satyricon's set. If I'm gonna see a black metal or black 'n roll, or whatever you wanna label 'em band, I wanna see a good one, and Satyricon was pretty damn good.

Opeth17 said:
Yes. I'm pretty sure I'll make the trip. I'll need to start saving some money now, gonna be expensive.

Amon Amarth would have been a GREAT headliner. How many more bands should we expect to be added to the bill?

I believe that is it, for the actual fest. Pre-party is another story or whatever.

But has Bal-Sagoth ever even had a US tour? or had the potential for any tour at all? It seems very unlikely... which is why this is perfect.

Demonspell said:
Especially when Agalloch is presumably available and less costly...seriously, it does seem odd having a band people seem to either enjoy guility or are greatly annoyed by headline...

Agalloch already said no.

We like Bal-Sagoth, so do alot of other people. Simple as that.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Not certain at all, but I believe this is Bal Sagoth's first ever US appearance.

I know they played Bloodstock UK once a few years back; I'm sure they've toured a bit overseas.

Yes, this will be Bal-Sagoth's first North American appearance.

That is what we are concentrating on, getting bands who have never played the US before. I'd rather have those bands than a band like Amon Amarth who will be on tour the month before.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I believe that is it, for the actual fest. Pre-party is another story or whatever.

Yes, Pre-Party is separate. We are not booking the bands for that one, but we have made many recommendations to Nathan.

There will be several more bands booked yet for the 2 days of the regular Fest.

is there a certain floor in the hotel we need to book our room on or something? im a newb to these fest things

yeah but it'd be easier to walk next door and say:

"kupshi, byron, manegarm growler, lets go grub on some french toast"

Last year everyone celebrated in viking fashion in the hallway that housed Nemtheanga's room and on second occasion at I believe in the bedroom of Paul from ND's . By everyone I mean, the whole crew plus their mothers, excluding me. I was stuck in a shithole in Fridley MN. This year however I shall be more prepared and book lodging at the place of the party.

:) Big Fucking Drunken bash in Lizard's honor!!!