Heathen Crusade II Update! Band Announcements!

kupshi said:
BAL-SAGOTH Confirmed as Headliner of the HEATHEN CRUSADE II Metalfest!

BAL-SAGOTH from the United Kingdom are confirmed as the headliner of the Heathen Crusade II Metalfest. GREY SKIES FALLEN (New York) and VESPERIAN SORROW (Texas) have also been confirmed to appear.

The Festival has been expanded to two days and will now take place on Friday, January 19 and Saturday, January 20, 2007.

There has also been change of venue, the Festival will now take place at the Station 4 in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Additional information on the bands and the Festival can be found at http://www.heathencrusade.com.

Kupshi my man, when will the tickets go on sale?!? I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a flight and hotel without knowing for sure that I am in like Flynn! I expect a reply in 8 hours. I'm going to go pat down my pinata and hit the hay.

We knew it was going to be either Bal Sagoth, Amon Amarth, or Ancient Rites.

The outsider was Satyricon.

We could settle for any of those EXCEPT Bal Sagoth.

Bah.

Opeth17 said:
Thanks Krig.

Well, that did nothing for me. Boring, bad keys, spoken word stuff was obnoxious. I watched a couple live videos on youtube and they were very "meh" as well. The vocalist was particularly annoying, we'll see if I warm up to any of this. That song was not folky enough at all, which I was expecting a lot of.

Were you even considering going to HC2?

Furious B said:
older Satyricon >>>> Bal Sagoth ever

perhaps. depends on what mood im in. but everything after nemesis divina takes donkey facials.

Starfire Burning and BLack Moon Broods Over Lemuria are releases that should appeal to a lot of folks.

Fact: Anyone into power metal can NEVER make fun of Bal Sagoth.

Climb Thar Hill said:
I'm quite upset that Bal-Sagoth is headlining. :yuk:

Haha wtf is up with the voice over garbage?!?! It sounds like Charleton Heston giving a public service announcement over the backdrop of a casio keyboard! WTF!?!? :mad: Balls-SagtoMouth

did you guys not believe me when i said the narratives might bother some of you?

i told you, it's comic book metal.

lighten up folks.

They're excellent! Satyr has a very commanding stage prescence, and his voice is SOLID. And even though the new songs are boring in the context of a album, they just WORK live. They definitely whipe the floor with many of the other modern black metal bands some of you people seem to enjoy, such as 1349, Keep of Kalessin and whatnot. Last I saw them, they played "Raise the Dead" by Bathory, and the time before that "Raining Blood" by Slayer! :kickass:

man, I would just cream my pants if they played "The Dawn of a New Age" live.

Cool! hope they come to Minnesota one day.

I agree with those who feel that Bal-Saggoth is a disappointing headliner. I'll revisit their catalog, but I don't expect it will help. Hopefully their stuff will work well live. Has anyone ever seen their live show?

Zod

Although I don't think Bal Sagoth is a bad band, they are a weak headliner. Doesn't matter, I was dead set on going when the first three bands were announced.