I once saw a guy on a forum write an incredibly long and thoughtful analysis of the sixth season of The Sopranos and its infamous ending. He then concluded the essay by calling it "the second most existential TV show, after Buffy". A lot of very intelligent people seem to love that show and I would like to find out what the fuss is about but it's just so goddamn long.

On topic; who gives a fuck about metal chicks, real men masturbate to Manowar album covers.

Reactions: CiG
true that but buffy isnt all that its cracked up to be honestly. whats so great about it? the bad acting? the horrible story. the horrible villians?
I once saw a guy on a forum write an incredibly long and thoughtful analysis of the sixth season of The Sopranos and its infamous ending. He then concluded the essay by calling it "the second most existential TV show, after Buffy". A lot of very intelligent people seem to love that show and I would like to find out what the fuss is about but it's just so goddamn long.

On topic; who gives a fuck about metal chicks, real men masturbate to Manowar album covers.

buffy is obvs uneven and you kinda have to enjoy just hanging out with the characters in dumb scenarios to get through it (which i do 'cause the writing's great fun) but it peaks damn high.

Reactions: Phylactery
My ex was into Buffy and all manner of dumb girly shit so I ended up watching a fair bit of it and it definitely had some entertainment value - ie some witty dialogue and fun action scenes, but I have zero desire to ever see it again

i think a big part of why buffy works is because it's set up as a fun innocent action show for teens but it has all these brutal adult moments or stretches that hit you out of nowhere and alter your perspective on everything. one of the most successful coming-of-age things i've seen.

heavy_metal_chick_ornament_round.jpg

buffy is obvs uneven and you kinda have to enjoy just hanging out with the characters in dumb scenarios to get through it (which i do 'cause the writing's great fun) but it peaks damn high.

This. Some episodes are absolutely dire, but when it's great it's really great.

Season one is also incredibly dated, with the action scenes being really quite bad. The acting gets much better by season 2.

I kinda see how Buffy is a gateway to NSBM. She's a dumb chick fighting made-up shit.

Der Sturmer Banner Greater Than Death is often cited as an example of good NS black metal, but it's been a while since I heard it the last time.

I haven't seen Buffy in ages also.

Reactions: Master_Yoda77