Help me discovering Maiden

Moshpit

Ja humppa soi!
May 9, 2002
Germoney
Visit site
Hey guys!

Got a question: I´d like to get deeper into the Maiden back catalogue.
I got the "Best of the beast" and the "Number of the beast" (great!!!) album,
my wife has the "No prayer for the dying" album (which is relatively
poor IMHO).

Soo, which album should I check out next? Thanks!

Moshpit said:
Hey guys!

Got a question: I´d like to get deeper into the Maiden back catalogue.
I got the "Best of the beast" and the "Number of the beast" (great!!!) album,
my wife has the "No prayer for the dying" album (which is relatively
poor IMHO).

Soo, which album should I check out next? Thanks!

Well, you have one of THE best, and one of the weaker albums, so if after No Prayer you are still interested, then there is so much more excellence to hear.

I'd go for something from the following:

Powerslave - out and out bloody metal. You won't have time to bleed!
Somewhere in Time - very different, though poorer production (IMHO).
Seventh Son - bloody excellent album, with an abundance of emotion and rock
Piece of Mind - medieval sounding, pretty much excellent throughout
Brave New World - first outing with all 6 guys and a return towards form
Killers - you need one with Paul D on vocals and to hear the early punk Maiden

To be honest, I'd get 'em all eventually, but then I have them all 'cos I love them. The list above is not exhaustive and isn't ordered, but I'd go for something off that list.

Happy rocking!

Thanks for your suggestions. I saw a german mailorder company has
their entire back catalogue for 9,99 Euros/album. Maybe I´ll buy
something there...

If you're buying CDs, buy them secondhand. Don't give the bastards any more money. Not until they begin to value their fans again.

Mark said:
If you're buying CDs, buy them secondhand. Don't give the bastards any more money. Not until they begin to value their fans again.
Well, a german mailorder company sells them for € 9,99 each.
Fair price IMHO.

Mark said:
actually that IS why I didn't buy the last album...far too expensive compared to the music you get in return (ive heard better from them, worse too mind you).

back on topic - well strange enough Im still very fond of bnw, and I like virtual xi a lot too. Npftd is weak indeed.

Just a friendly warning Iron Maiden and Killers have Paul Di'anno on vocals. The number of the he beast up till fear of the dark have Bruce Dickinson on vocals. The X-Factor ans Virtual IX have Blaze Bayley on voacals and everything after thase have Bruce Dickinson on vocals...

Each era is good, but my favourites are Piece of mind, 7th son of a 7th son, X-factor, somewhere in time, Brave new word and powerslave

Kwisatz Haderach said:
Just a friendly warning Iron Maiden and Killers have Paul Di'anno on vocals. The number of the he beast up till fear of the dark have Bruce Dickinson on vocals. The X-Factor ans Virtual IX have Blaze Bayley on voacals and everything after thase have Bruce Dickinson on vocals...
I´m aware of that, thanks! I don´t really like Paul´s voice.