Help me, I need to be famous

First of all, how old are you?

Do you play video/computer games? If your answer is yes, go to question 2. If your answer is no, please explain why you don't play computer games.
Once in a while, so yes.

Approximately how many hours per week do you spend playing games?
Maybe 30 minutes or so. Used to be wayyy more.

Do you buy or illegally download your games?
Buy/Download

How often do you buy games?
Depends on how I'm feeling. If I really want to buy one, I will, if it's just a sudden rush to play something then I'll download it.

On avarage, how much money do you spend on gaming in a year? That includes upgrading your system, buying consoles...etc
I'd guess a hundred dollars, I mean a year is looooong.

How often do you download games?
Once or twice per year.

Why do you play video games? (Entertainment, to kill time, to relax...etc)
Killing time, relaxing, escaping real life to become someone better, more popular, I have more friends in games baaaaaaw (haha joking)

Name a good thing and a bad thing about video/computer games.
It's fun to do stuff you can't really do in real life/ It can take over someone's life if the person tends to obsess on stuff, but I don't see how that's the game's problem.

That's it thanks in advance.
:)

Do you play video/computer games? If your answer is yes, go to question 2. If your answer is no, please explain why you don't play computer games.
Yes I do

2-5 on a given week

I buy most of my games. Some are downloaded, but not many

Usually only once or twice a year

On avarage, how much money do you spend on gaming in a year? That includes upgrading your system, buying consoles...etc
Less than $200

Very infrequently. I haven't downloaded any games in the past year and a half.

Entertainment and relaxation

Good thing: They are a good way to relax, and they can also be fun activities with friends
Bad thing: They can suck up your time if you're not paying attention

Yes

Oh it varies(some weeks i can play several hours per day, others i can go without playing at all), but if i am to pick a number; 7 Hours

Buy, with exception for games that are old, or otherwise hard to get

maybe 6-10 a year

Hard to say, last year it was next to nothing, this year its close to 1500$. But thats a stretch really, since 90% of that sum is for the computer, which i packed full of expensive CPU and Ram for music purposes, rather than gaming, but the GFX card i bought purely for games.
I don't see myself buying anything at all in 2009, so an average is pretty much impossible to give, but i'll divide and that sum for 3 years and have it at 500$, its more realistic as an average.

2-3 times a year

Entertainment and relaxing. Grew up with computers, so its a natural hobby of mine, but i barely play anything today compared to before, got other things on my mind.

I'd say its a good thing, because it can give you freedom to do whatever you like, without consequences.
Bad thing would be that none can give you complete freedom, because imo, all the "can get you addicted" etc stuff, comes down to the person. Its not the games fault.

Do you play video/computer games?
Yes.

Depends on the workload, as little as 0-5 hours... but when I have the time it's on average probably 14 hours (2 hours a day).

Both. I don't play PC games, but when I do I download. I have to buy my Xbox games however...

Probably 1-2 every 2-3 months. When a good title comes out, I will buy it. But I don't have much time to play so it isn't often.

On average, how much money do you spend on gaming in a year? That includes upgrading your system, buying consoles...etc
~$400

Very rarely.

All of the above... for entertainment, to kill time and to relax.

One positive thing about video games is they are entertaining and with online capabilities promote teamwork and problem solving skills. And the whole hand-eye co-ordination thing. A negative is the price, and lack of content. Games are getting better graphics but the campaigns are often too short and lacking quite a bit.

Yes

hmmmm some weeks i don't play and some i do, so maybe like 5-10

Definitely buy

Once a year

Less than $40

Not at all

Relaxation, entertainment, killing the time that my mother watches telanovelas and won't let me change the channel and lately loads of procrastination

Good thing: Makes the time pass when your mother is obsessed with spanish soap operas
Bad thing: Its so easy to procrastinate my papers when i could just "relax" instead

If your answer is no, please explain why you don't play computer games.

I don't play computer games simply because I have no time for it. Or in other words, there's something else I'd rather be doing. (Although I did used to play some games when I was younger) I like to feel productive so I would rather practice guitar or study for the (really intense) university classes I'm taking. I understand that some ppl do it has a form of relaxation, but I would rather relax by watching a good movie, going out with friends, or even playing Nintendo 64 :p. And considering the fact that I started playing N64 again, I guess I could get into computer games. But like I said, I'd rather spend my time doing something more fulfilling.

I HATE DOTA, i played it once and had no idea what was going on but it was most likely gay.

Hm... it's a bit unfair to "hate" something you have essentially no experience with. It's actually a really fun game if you know what you're doing and aren't playing with idiots :p

Yes

Currently about 15, has been up to around 70 hours/week at times in my life, and there are periods where I don't play at all.

Buy

A couple times a year

$50, when I was subscribed to World of Warcraft it was a lot more

Probably have once or twice in my life.

A combination of the three. I enjoy the visual art, music, and involving storyline of a game. Sometimes I have nothing better to do. And it also helps me relax - sometimes get stressed though if the game is intense or I am getting my ass kicked :lol:

Good thing - The ability to stay in touch with friends by playing online, or simply enjoy the company of those you are playing with. Also a lot more physically and mentally stimulating than sitting your ass on the couch and watching television.

Bad thing - They can often be addicting to the point where you lose friends, money, academic grades, and other opportunities in life :lol:

Yes

14 -ish

Buy

Every 2 months

£200

Frequently

Fun, get things off my mind. When I'm stressed; I like to KILL :headbang:

Good: Fun
Bad: Addiction, Delays.

Yes

2-3

I buy

Once or twice a year

50-100$ depending of the year.

Almost never. I think I have downloaded only 2 games ever.

Depends of the game I play. When I play Guitar Hero or Amped it's definitly to relax and have fun but when I play Dance Dance Revolution or Wii Sports, it's just to do something that could be good for me.

Good : Video games are a good way to have fun with friends without making a mess in the house or just to spend time when you are alone
Bad : They can get addicting and some people die because of that.