help with BURZUM

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
1 - Are the Burzum albums rare or something? I can't find them anywhere, so if you know of a distro, please share. I do understand they're more expensive than the average CD, but I don't want to pay import prices if possible.

2 - Does the Misanthropy label still exist? I've never seen a website, but I assume the owners are still making profits from the sale of Burzum albums? It was a woman who set up the label, am I right?

3 - I remember seeing a site containing some text of Varg describing his albums as 'spells'. He went to some length in describing the layout of each album and how each was supposed to be trance inducing (something like that). Can anyone offer the link to this website? Or just find the text where he talks about this?

Misanthropy Records ist Tot.

Although I'm not sure if they're still maintaining their releases. Considering that they don't exist anymore, I'd assume not.

Edit: however, considering that they've been out of business for so long, Burzum, In The Woods..., etc. releases are surprisingly easy to find

From wikipedia:

Each album, he claims, was designed as a kind of "spell" in itself, with each beginning song intending to make the listener more susceptible to "magic", the following songs to inspire a "trance-like state of mind", and the last song to carry the listener into a "world of fantasy" (dreams, for the listener would fall asleep - Burzum was supposed to have been evening music)

Although I'd still be interested to hear his own interpretation if anyone can find the text. (You google Burzum album spell and you get 3 million hits for spell of destruction). :yell: