help with BURZUM

$72? Wow. I live on $200 a month, so >$50 or so is a bit out of my range, but it's almost always the case that the albums I want either go around $30s-40s or they go like >$100, so it hasn't been a huge problem.

Burzum is definitly one of my favorite bands of all time. Fucking amazing stuff.

And, most record stores here have a good stash of Burzum on the shelf.

Damn J. was right about this forum not wishing to spend over 8 bucks on an album. I'll myself will gladly pay $15 for quality material.

Bloody hell, I'll pay $15 for Burzum. *echo*

If it was out of print, I'd pay more, but since it isn't out of print, I just need to wait until I can get it at a price that's right. Oh the irony of being jewish when buying Burzum. :loco:

Most I ever spent was $35 for Sabbat's Dreamweaver.

Ajna has the first two Burzum albums for $13 each, although they're licensed editions, apparently from Brazil.

I think I just broke a record for my most expensive rare CD bought recently, at $57 CDN for Kirlian Camera's Solaris: The Last Corridor, but the most expensive thing of all was probably the Agalloch Pale Folklore woodbox double LP, but I can't remember exactly how much that was. More than $60.

TER had a few of them in stock a while ago, I picked up Det Som Engang Var and now I'm wishing I'd grabbed HLTO and Burzum/Aske while I had a chance!

if I remember correctly I paid over 100$ for the Iced Earth box set Dark Genesis during the time I was a fanboy.... but hey, at least I had 5 cds.

I don't remember him referring to them as spells, but I remember him saying that he made the first and last tracks light, to ease the listener in to the experience, and then the middle of the album is quite heavy. Which is very obvious if you look at Hvis...

Right now, I want Det Som and Filosofem.

I already own Hyvis Lysett and Hjilsdkalf (sp?).

Well you can get Used-"Like New" conditioned Burzum from Amazon.com. The sellers have a good rating. I don't know how you feel about picking up someone's sloppy seconds though.

Det Som would be $10 total shipping including
Filosofem would be $13.59 with shipping

Really? OK. I just figured that if I like Hyvis so much, the next best thing would be those two?

Filosofem is most like Hvis, but Det Som Engang Var and Burzum aren't really. The material for the first two were written during the same time period, so they have a similar sound to each other, whereas the material for Hvis was written after, and then Filosofem after that, so for the earlier material, Varg really had a different mindset. I think Burzum is stronger overall than Det Som Engang Var (especially Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown and My Journey Through The Stars), but then again that's just my opinion. Definitely get Filosofem though.