Holy fuck I hate Vista.

I'm sorry to revive this thread but I have a question any Vista 32bit or 64bit users are running CubaseSX3 without any problems?? I've read a lot that Cubase 4 is quite buggy so I don't think I will be buying it anytime soon, so I just want to know if it's worth upgrading to Vista. Thanks in advance!

I don't know why there's so much bitching when it comes to vista.

HP preisntalled a bunch of shit, disable/uninstall it, hell reinstall Vista and you'll be good to go.

Vista > XP

Back on the subject of Ram...

Windows XP can recognize up to 4gb.. but by default only 2gb will every be allocated to a single application.

You can change your Bootini file to allow the system to allocate 3gb to any application.. but to my knowledge that's the best you can do.

I tried this about six months ago on my XP system. I went from 2 to 4 Gigs of RAM and did the boot.ini changes. For me, it seemed to not help performance that much, and made the system less stable. FWIW.

HP preisntalled a bunch of shit, disable/uninstall it, hell reinstall Vista and you'll be good to go.

I have an HP laptop, which came with all the unwanted trialware/bloatware crap. They don't include an install disk, just a restore partition which loads all the trialware again. I ended up using PC decrapifier which was pretty effective for removing the junk I don't want/need, and it left the important stuff intact.

http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

53Crëw;7543522 said:
I have an HP laptop, which came with all the unwanted trialware/bloatware crap. They don't include an install disk, just a restore partition which loads all the trialware again. I ended up using PC decrapifier which was pretty effective for removing the junk I don't want/need, and it left the important stuff intact.

http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

Hmm that's pretty lame. Now that I think about it, I read that reformatting an HP will void the warranty. That's lame as fuck.

Considering this is a music production forum XP still wins but for working/networking/daily tasks Vista rules.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron w/ c2d 2.33 and 2gb ram and this shit is fast and snappy as hell. I reformated with Vista (with the current updates) so there's no junkware. I run Nuendo and it works fun, but AD doesn't work. :cry:

The only thing I missed about my macs was how you can put all the windows into view. Until I found a program that works on Vista to do it.

Screen shot- :lol:

769f20522b.jpg

I run vista on a cheap compaq laptop, plugging my guitar into the onboard sound I get 5ms latency and reaper runs without a hitch

Sp1 seemed to help with the memory usage, however audio dropouts happen, only sometimes where with original vista they never did

Vista was hyped to the max though, definately a little girl in makeup like JBroll said.

Well maybe a huge slow bloated version of XP in glowing green and blue panties.

To be perfectly honest I've only had problems with some media players not playing stuff- some com surrogate problem.
Vista is kickin ass at everything else for me- had NO problems running any audio recording or editing programs