Horrible Bands

NineFeetUnderground said:
not surprised really, so who cares? now had someone of some clout said that....

I don't think anyone really cares, however I can see a post against me in my future consisting of "oh ya? well you like Slipknot" when I disagree with someone in a favorite ice cream flavors thread

House of Seance said:
I don't think anyone really cares, however I can see a post against me in my future consisting of "oh ya? well you like Slipknot" when I disagree with someone in a favorite ice cream flavors thread

i might have been harsh.

what actually pains me here...is not that people listen to bands like slipknot so much. but the people feel the need to give a disclaimer or justify their crap taste. i have 100 times more respect for someone who says "yes...i like slipknot...and here is why...what are you going to do about it?" than someone who says "i have a confession to make...i like slipknot. *ducks*"

whats the pointing of liking something or even admitting to liking something if you feel you have to be self concious about it or justify it, knowing its "bad"?

then theres people like metal wrath who blindly listen to horrid music, thinking its the greatest music in the world and then insulting people with good taste just as naively.

I dunno, was being lighthearted about it, since even to myself most of Slipknot's music is bland, uncreative, etc., but there are indeed songs on Iowa I dig for their more full-on thrash value, which I have a hard time finding in consistancy in the more sophisticated metal acts (I'm talkin heavy groove songs like Madder Mortem's Changeling and My Name is Silence)... same reason I enjoy some SYL songs... maybe that helps explain the unconfident approach, but I wasn't quite expecting that sort of observation to begin with :p

NineFeetUnderground said:
i might have been harsh.

what actually pains me here...is not that people listen to bands like slipknot so much. but the people feel the need to give a disclaimer or justify their crap taste. i have 100 times more respect for someone who says "yes...i like slipknot...and here is why...what are you going to do about it?" than someone who says "i have a confession to make...i like slipknot. *ducks*"

whats the pointing of liking something or even admitting to liking something if you feel you have to be self concious about it or justify it, knowing its "bad"?

I agree 100%

House of Seance said:
I'll probably get flamed for this, so why I am going to say it? it's one of those mysteries

I enjoy Slipknot's Iowa to an extent *braces self*

I'm sorry bro but they are terrible, which such clever song titles as "people=shit" and the terrible lyrics in Heretic, I just don't know how an Opeth fan could like such overrated nu-metal trash. :cry:

Blackwater_Deth said:
^ well most people who like garabage don't like bands like Opeth cuz there are too"abstract" and not straight forward

Aha, and I guess that means that most people who like Opeth don't like garbage and therefore have a more credible taste? Very Vulcan way of looking at it.

Well, i think that Opeth is abstract if you are talking about people who likes conventional radio-friendly music...but for experienced music-listeners the answer is no.