How about a Guitar Tone competition, round two?

I don't care what we use as long as it has the chugga chugga and cleans or leads. Get me the tracks, and I'll take it from there. Just make sure the DI's are good quality and the drums + bass suitable for a -18db RMS mix.

I think Bloodjinn or TheDude should supply the DI's this time around. The Dude's AxeFx Clips were awesome and the playing is super clean. Kyle is also a great player.

If you had the time, TheDude, I think it would be great if you could supply both drums and bass tracks as well. Your work is awesome.

Just saw this, and I'm flattered, but I'm in the middle of a full length production now (Scarpoint) so I can't record anything atm.

I'm down. So I restate:

Bloodjinn: Guitar DI's
SlipkyesBass: Bass
Ermz: Drums

Ah that settled it. Good luck! ;)

/Jocke

if you want like a moderate paced/groove metal whatever I can try and write a random riff or two or something tonight when I track those DI's for Brian.

I'm down. So I restate:

Bloodjinn: Guitar DI's
SlipkyesBass: Bass
Ermz: Drums

Sounds awesome.

I will see what i cannot do but I cant promise anything haha. I am not much for playing clean stuff very much.

Anyone else wanna do the cleans? I think that a guitar with less high output pickups than EMG's might sound better

Sounds awesome.

Anyone else wanna do the cleans? I think that a guitar with less high output pickups than EMG's might sound better

EMG pups don't have that much output. If it's too hot, turn down the signal/volume pot/output level from the reamp-box/whatever.

EMGs are fine for clean. I promise. ;)

Well they are prone to clipping the internal preamps unless running at 18v, but as long as you a) don't beat the bajeezus out of the strings and b) go for the neck/bridge split, IME it should be more than passable! (in fact, the clarity of EMG's brings a really nice chimeyness IMO)

Lets just see what Bloodjin comes up with. If its awesome (and it probably is) we are done. If it doesn't have cleans, ow well. Maybe in the 3rd competition :lol: