How as Mr. V influenced your life?

ErikSL

groove junkie
Feb 11, 2006
Some musical artists have a very special gift of influencing people. Mr. V is no different.

The guy is such an inspiration to me. His ability to multitask with all his different projects really shows what can be achieved in life. He has influenced me greatly and was one of the deciding factors that got me into audio recording and music again. I discovered Mr. V's music at a very low point in my life, it gave me a new energy to push forward and not give up. And for that, I thank him deeply.

How have you been influenced by him?:headbang:

he is a friendly voice in hard times....
i have to say thank you vinter for this...thanx for your music.

hmm,,,well the imagery he sometimes uses "in heaven i am a wild ox etc" reminds me of when people were brave and proud, and it motivates me in the same way that the tatoo i have does (its the chinese symbol for valor)

In many aspects.

The way I compose my music.

The themes I approach when writing poetry and lyrics.

He triggered my strong liking (if not downright love) for the swedish language.

He triggered my love for folk metal with Otyg.

He triggered my love for nothern nature, folklore, traditions, mythology, history.

Indeed a large chunk of what I am now was influenced and/or triggered into motion by Mr V on many levels.

Herr. V. has probably inspired me to check out more folky music, metal or non metal, appreciation of swedish as the superior scandinavian language and a longing to go deep into the forests of Norrland someday and be one with nature ( and some drunken people maybe *cough*). We don't have proper forests here.

Don't think I´ll dive into physics and astronomy though. Life is to complicated the way it is!

Alec Walter Conway said:
Matter of taste and opinion here, norsk and suomi and icelandic all have their own charms

small correction here: suomi (as well as laplandic) is no scandinavian language, just a language spoken in scandinavia ;) Nothing against you but alot ppl often mix things up and think finish would be a scandinavian language similar to swedish but it is not, it belongs to the finno-ugric branch.

Thidrek said:
small correction here: suomi (as well as laplandic) is no scandinavian language, just a language spoken in scandinavia ;) Nothing against you but alot ppl often mix things up and think finish would be a scandinavian language similar to swedish but it is not, it belongs to the finno-ugric branch.

Yea, I know its a finno-ugric language, like estonian and hungarian, but its still spoken in scandinavia is what I meant...

I'm interrested in that stuff enough to know a thing or two, such as where those languages came from. :)

Alec Walter Conway said:
Matter of taste and opinion here, norsk and suomi and icelandic all have their own charms

:kickass: :kickass:

leads to a little bit of misinterpretation

Besides the musical inspiration I am of the opinion that Vintersorg is a great naturelyricist (naturlyriker alltså), filling me (and hopefully other listeners) with a sense of nature's beauty and mystic, which is no small feat in these modern times.

Hopefully he will continue to enrich our imaginations, as einstein claimed the mystic sense is the finest we can perceive.

Vintersorg was the first ''non-mainstream'' metal band I heard actually back in 2001. I was 14/15 years old and before that I only knew bands like Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden..But not many other bands since I also lived in a town with NO metalheads, went to a primary school with NO 'metalheads':D But at the end of my last grade in primary school I joined the 'Slovene Tolkien Society Gil-Galad' (Of which I am not a member any more..) and a friend of mine I used to ride to the meetings with, would put on Vintersorg/Otyg and I just fell in love with the man's music:/ It opened quite a few new doors for me IMO, I got into folk/viking/pagan metal BIG then and after that into many other sub-genres. I'm happy Vintersorg started it all (for me), got me to expand my horizons.

I think that Vintersorg's music has a particular hatmosphere..like a beautiful dream...it's awesome!
He inspired me a lot me and my way to compose...really
When I listen to his song I imagine woods, deep seas and beautiful sunset... thank you mr V.

Hedwig said:
I think that Vintersorg's music has a particular hatmosphere..like a beautiful dream...it's awesome!
He inspired me a lot me and my way to compose...really
When I listen to his song I imagine woods, deep seas and beautiful sunset... thank you mr V.

I second that

vintersorg's earlier music triggered my interrest in swedish folk (metal) so i started reading a lot about it.
the latest 2 albums mainly caused me to start reading about theoretical physics (for the layman, like me, of course..)
cosmology, particle physics, m-theory and such topics. very interresting

i wonder how the next album will influence me

....silly question....even with our infantile understandings of quantum mechanics,we know that within each action,decision,thought and notion we invariably split the quantum barrier between the old universe and the new one.when you first heard vintersorg,your universe changed.and somewhere out there,in one of those less enlightened multiversi,hope fully in one where you didnt walk in front of that bus;you continue on.unaware of vintersorg.

....silly question...he influenced my life,as all,by the instances and circumstances brought fourth by our mere existance