New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2005
Would an album composed by

Mike Akerfeldt
Dan Swano
Steve Wilson
and the boys from "Tool"

be?

I know its random, but it's quite jizzworthy.

I dont think Mike and Dan and Steve wilson would fit it. In a sense 'Tool' is a more abstract sort of music. And all their music seems generally more reliant on one instrument. If you were to take out bass player or peter it could sound very similar. But if you took out anyone from Tool it would not sound the same. same with if you put anyone else in it.

Yeah, it would be a really weird mix of people, but I would still love to hear what they would come up with.

Benighted Joe said:
Try subtracting "Tool" from your equation and we might be on to something.

Peace dude! :)
+1. They do great stuff, but they take 10,000 years to write an album, and in comparison with the rest of that "band"... well there is no comparison

Nah, it would involve too many compromises between them all and in the end we would get... a new N'Sync record?

wow, that was pretty random...

I'm gonna be controversial...

If I were going to remove anyone from the equation, it would be Dan Swano. Don't get me wrong, I really like him. But these days, I don't think he's forward-thinking enough for that proposed band. From that fusion, I'd want something, well... bizarre, to be honest.

But, I like the idea. Not sure if it would work, but I like it...

Fredy_Brown said:
TOOL pwned all with their "die eier von satan" :D

Une kleine eier!!!!!

Fredy_Brown said:
And I highly doubt that MJK would work on something metal...maybe I am wrong...

Ummm, are you serious? Hmm, maybe I should go back and listen more to my soft-poprock Tool collection, you know, before they got famous for metal...:erk:

Plus, MJK sang on the first Green Jelly album, so I'm not sure how closed off he is to weird things.

NineFeetUnderground said:
what would dan swano bring to the table again? certainly not nightingale influence, lol

try Chris Rygg or someone like that instead.

Krys Rygg would probably be a great idea. He's a progressive thinking musician, and he always contributes something fascinating. But would he still be interested in anything remotely metal? Actually, with that line-up... maybe it wouldn't end up being metal at all....

COOL!