How did you come across Dark Tranquillity?

I discovered DT roughly 5 minutes after discovering The Kovenant. I basically went online and (Napster!) downloaded at least one song by each band off of Nuclear Blast and Century Media that I could find. About 15 minutes after that, I ordered Animatronic and Haven online. The rest is history.

~Kov.

His Divine Shadow said:
:cry: see he's already forgotten me!!! I'm just another notch on the stick!
i'm so sorry! at the time of that reply i had no idea you are of the female persuasion: it's obvious i get confused amongst so many male lovers, but i would have remembered a girl for sure, due to the extreme rarity of the event. ;)

rahvin said:
i'm so sorry! at the time of that reply i had no idea you are of the female persuasion: it's obvious i get confused amongst so many male lovers, but i would have remembered a girl for sure, due to the extreme rarity of the event. ;)

Male lovers? Can I watch? :D

Surely there's a few other women around here?

*looking around with high hopes* Who are they???

@hds: there's actually about as many girls as there are guys on this board, or something. but all the hitting on part is strictly limited to man-on-man action. ;)

anyway, i'd say some of the most active female users are:
hyena
mousewings
fireangel
onyx
caelestia
lina
northern lights
gtranquillity

and sorry to those i forgot.

rahvin said:
@hds: there's actually about as many girls as there are guys on this board, or something. but all the hitting on part is strictly limited to man-on-man action. ;)

Oh that's so... fascinating!!! :worship: It turns me on to watch! :p

rahvin said:
anyway, i'd say some of the most active female users are:
hyena
mousewings
fireangel
onyx
caelestia
lina
northern lights
gtranquillity

and sorry to those i forgot.

Yeah I was thinking a lot of women seem to like Dark Tranquillity. Or else just a larger proportion of women post on this board. :confused:

One day I was walking down the street, and saw DT's singer walking towards me, and I just splooged all over him.
So that is how I came across DT, but sadly it was only one of them.

sorry, I was just passing through and couldn't resist posting. I'll go away now...;):p

yourdeadgroom said:
One day I was walking down the street, and saw DT's singer walking towards me, and I just splooged all over him.
So that is how I came across DT, but sadly it was only one of them.
i did that with their guitarist and that's how we became friends. :p

Hm...a friend of mine made a mix of a bunch of swedish bands, Dark Tranquillity being one of them. OOut of the 5 songs that he had on there (there were 3 discs), only one wasn't from Haven ("Therein"), but i still liked what i heard. Didn't get a DT album for a while, though, when i got Skydancer/Of Chaos and Eternal Night from best Buy :)

A long time ago, I bumped into a friendly fellow known to the world only as Ormir, who insisted I leave behind all this nu-metal heresy, and fellow him into the world of good metal...

And he taught me of the ways of Dark Tranquillity, which was nice of him.

August 2001, chatting with our fellow board-member TheMindzI on irc, he talked of metal music with great enthusiasm and insisted i should open my mind, listen to some and judge for myself. The first song he sent me was Auctioned, i was absorbed by Mikael's voice. The second one was Lethe, i fell in love with the intro, got a bit scared when the growls kicked in, but that was the beginning of metal (and not only) for me..

Same guy pointed me at UM a few months later. At first i frequented the Opeth forum, but then i found my way here as well.

I had heard about them from a friend and liked what i had heard (I heard the songs 'Insanity's Crescendo' and 'Final Resistance') so I went to the Art of Noise Tour that Nile was holding back a little over a year ago. I bought Haven there and ever since, I've been a huge fan.

As for the forum, my band members made me Ultimate Metal so naturally I found this board :p