How England will win the World Cup this year...

Italy - USA was one of the greatest game of the tournament I thought.

The thing is, the US got to the quarter finals in the last tournament so most people thought they were past the learning curve if you will. I don't know why but -- much like England -- the US team went into this tournament lacking heart and simple desire to win at all costs.

The England team need to listen to "Where Eagles Dare" at half time, and the US team can listen to some Pantera or something. Maybe Iced Earth. Something very patriotic anyway, perhaps some bluegrass. :loco:

General Zod said:
I was rooting for Italy (actually, I was rooting against France). I'm glad France lost, especially after that punk move by Zidane. I'm going to eat some Freedom Fries in celebration.:loco:

Zod

You're going to choke and die, thanks.

Ellestin

JayKeeley said:
I don't know why but -- much like England -- the US team went into this tournament lacking heart and simple desire to win at all costs.

Agreed - no sense of urgency at all. Damn distressing.

JayKeeley said:
The England team need to listen to "Where Eagles Dare" at half time, and the US team can listen to some Pantera or something. Maybe Iced Earth. Something very patriotic anyway, perhaps some bluegrass. :loco:

I'll take Iced Earth - gimme, gimme some "The Coming Curse" at halftime and I'm headbutting my way to victory. Or at least headbanging anyway.

Heavy disappointment in the air of course, but it won't last very long. The simple fact of having France in the end game was already a victory in itself and PK is like throwing a coin in the air, so...

And I think Italy had a great run from the quarters onward, so it's not scandalous they should win the tournament. Better them than Portugal or even Germany at any rate.

I think "sad" is the best way to sum of what Zidane did. What was he thinking? Could not believe it. No matter what Materazzi said you simply cannot do things like that!

France were better on the night, Italy probably the better team over the whole tournament. Good but not great World Cup overall I think. The Germans seemed to do a fantastic job as hosts though. Let's keep this thread going until 2012 to annoy the football haters!

2008 = European Cup [Switzerland/Austria]
2010 = World Cup [South Africa]
2012 = European Cup [has it been decided where?]
2014 = World Cup [I hear it's Brazil? Again, has this been decided yet?]

When the fuck are England going to get it again? The World Cup I mean. Isn't this the third time the Germans have had it since the last time we did or something.

66 = England
70 = Mexico
74 = West Germany
82 = Spain
86 = Mexico
90 = Italy
94 = USA
98 = France
02 = Sough Korea / Japan
06 = Germany

How the hell do Mexico get it twice since 66????

Not sure if England will ever get it because of the hooligan reputation, but that said, we did get the Euro cup in 96.