How England will win the World Cup this year...

The US Team certainly caught a lucky break.
When analyzing the game, many analysts said there were two things to look for:

1. The American team would be nervous early, and could give up a quick goal
2. The English team carries the weight of its country on their backs, and could crack

Both things happened. Not sure that makes us lucky. One of the reason the NY Yankees have won so many championships in the last decade, is because it's always the other team who cracks when the pressure is on. So while it's not unfair to call it luck, good teams make their own luck.

let's also face it ... the English team ain't all that. they are a bit full of themselves.
not saying the US is anything better though.

would be funny as fuck if both drop out the first round.

If you say its luck then so much in soccer is luck, when they call a foul, yellow card free kicks corner kicks etc. It's just what happened and we are looking good to get at least 2nd in the group now

The Bundeswehr fucking butchered Australia yesterday, and the islanders were not even that weak to start with. The red card for Tim Cahill was totally undeserved, but the end result was already set by then. Pity he will miss the next game... Anyway, best game of the tournament so far.

I'm not going to comment on the production of France against Uruguay. Absolutely pathetic.

Ghana dominating Serbia was pretty awesome as well. I enjoyed it especially considering Serbia qualified by trashing Romania 5-0 last year.

When analyzing the game, many analysts said there were two things to look for:

1. The American team would be nervous early, and could give up a quick goal
2. The English team carries the weight of its country on their backs, and could crack

Both things happened. Not sure that makes us lucky. One of the reason the NY Yankees have won so many championships in the last decade, is because it's always the other team who cracks when the pressure is on. So while it's not unfair to call it luck, good teams make their own luck.

I agree with this completely...but I'm still saying we were pretty lucky to have such a routine save botched by the lad. Maybe I should replace luck with good fortune? :)

i like O & A but they are the typical American that don't understand soccer. especially if you are a hockey fan, you have to "get" soccer.

i like O & A but they are the typical American that don't understand soccer. especially if you are a hockey fan, you have to "get" soccer.

....but what did this comment have to do with anything? I was ONLY referring to the vuvuzela. That annoying racket in the background is enough to make me vomit on my TV glass and shoot my neighbor's children.