How England will win the World Cup this year...

lizard said:
haha that one about 5:07 or so where the goalie didn't realize an opponent was behind him LOL

*checks* yeah, I thought it would be that. I was sat in the stands at that very game, believe it or not. The team in blue are my local team who I often go and watch.

England beating the "European champions" 3-0 after 40 minutes tonight. Eh, friendlies are worthless anyway.

Ellestin said:
What's your favourite team, Doom dear?

Coventry City :oops:

I don't go to as many games as I used to, basically because we've been really shit the last few years. Although for once I have gone into the new season (which has just started) with high hopes we might do well this year!

Doom said:
Basically because we've been really shit the last few years.

I know that feeling only too well. The team that claims all of my waking thoughts, Saint-Etienne, has been teetering back and forth between 1st and 2nd league for as long as I've been their fan. This time it seems like they've purchased a bunch of good players who might consolidate the club in the first half of the ranking.

I'm going to the stadium this Saturday for the first time in years, bringing Dev along. I'll try to fight back tears as I enter the arena and stare at the pitch once again.
:oops:

Ellestin said:
I know that feeling only too well. The team that claims all of my waking thoughts, Saint-Etienne, has been teetering back and forth between 1st and 2nd league for as long as I've been their fan. This time it seems like they've purchased a bunch of good players who might consolidate the club in the first half of the ranking.

I'm going to the stadium this Saturday for the first time in years, bringing Dev along. I'll try to fight back tears as I enter the arena and stare at the pitch once again.
:oops:

We've been in "The Championship" (a ridiculous name given to what is essentially the 2nd league) for the last few years, never making much impression. However, there seems to be a feeling of optimism around the club recently since we have a decent manager and some good players. Having said that we did sell our best players yesterday to one of our local rivals :rolleyes:.

It's tough supporting real teams, as opposed to the Chelseas of this world with an unlimited transfer fund. Good luck for the coming season!

Doom said:
We've been in "The Championship"

"The Championship" and "Premier League"... not the same indeed. Btw I just noticed that div 3 is .. League 1?! :zombie:

Dev said:
"The Championship" and "Premier League"... not the same indeed. Btw I just noticed that div 3 is .. League 1?! :zombie:

Yeah, it's dumb. I don't see what's wrong with League 1, 2, 3 and 4.

I'm sure the Italian is still downplaying what he said.

Haha, remember there were "official lip readers" who figured out what he said....there was definitely some mention of the word "terrorist".

Now if only he had said "freedom fighter" instead. :loco:

damn italians, always making gross generalizations

We both spoke and I wasn't the first. I held his shirt but don't you think it is a provocation to say that 'if you want my shirt I will give it you afterwards'?
i find that a bit clever actually

So after watching some soccer on TV here (not much else to watch besides CNN international and the odd animal show) I've come to realize that the world cup was so boring compared to this.

It was too... "polished"... I guess you could say. No mistakes, no slip ups, just perfection, and it was boring. The two teams I'm watching now are fucking up all over. Creates lots of scoring opportunities. Oh, and the red team is very good at diving.

I don't think England are going to win any major championships any time soon, based on their last two performances.

Watching Arsenal destroy Reading today....my goodness, Thierry Henry better win World Player of the Year award. Pure genius.

How Frank Lampard came runner up last year is beyond me...have you ever seen him pass the ball forward for England? Totally overhyped.