How England will win the World Cup this year...

im trying to get into soccer. im watching brazil vs mexico. 72 minutes into this borefest and no score. soccer is so goddamn boring, it astounds me how so many people like it. the world is dumb

I've watched parts of two games thus far, boring as fuck. Even watching it on Telemundo with the spic yelling goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal goaaaaaaaaaaaaal goaaaaaaaaaaaaal doesn't do much for me. Rather watch The People's Court and that white toothed coon on The Family Feud.

I watched every single game up until Thursday's matches and I still managed to catch yesterday's Italy v Costa Rica

Getting ready to hunker down and watch Germany crush Ghana

Plenty of great games and lots of expectations being shattered this world cup. The only maddeningly boring game has been Japan vs Greece thus far.

Perhaps you guys are too used to the theatrics of hockey's fake fights and FUCK YEAHH MURICCAA attitude to appreciate a classy sport?

Portugal has a culture?

PORT WINE AND OBSCURE RAW BLACK METAL BABY!!!!

Not amused by the result of this game AT ALL
Ghana are bottom-dwellers. Horrible defensive lapses by the Germans.

That said ... Best WC of my life so far

Not amused by the result of this game AT ALL
Ghana are bottom-dwellers. Horrible defensive lapses by the Germans.

That said ... Best WC of my life so far

Agreed, the competition is absolutely exciting this time around. Attacking intentions pay off and small teams play in uninhibited fashion (I was thrilled with how Costa Rica tactically extinguished Italy). Only a handful of games disappointed so far.

Ok. I admit to enjoying some of the german/Ghana match yesterday, after some of the rules were explained to me. I still dont understand how soccer is timed. Seems incredibly stupid.

Now watching belguim and russia, will be watching the US later. Heres a question: are flops always this prevalent in soccer?

Unfortunately Belgium and Russia was probably the worst example of soccer in the entire tournament thus far. Incredibly boring highly defensive play by two teams that were scared to concede a goal. Really annoying.

Re: Simulation/Diving. Typically depends on the teams playing, some regions are more known to do it than others because their players are (frustratingly) taught to use it as an advantage if they can get away with it.